The zombie drama attracted 12.3 million viewers in its initial 9 p.m. broadcast, making it the most-watched episode in series history. Previously, "The Walking Dead's" highest-rated episode was its Season 3 fall premiere, which notched 10.9 million viewers.
The midseason premiere garnered 7.7 million viewers in the coveted 18-49 demographic, the highest key-demo viewership totals for any telecast in basic cable history, according to AMC. Including later encore replays, it a total of 16.6 million people tuned in to see "The Walking Dead" return.
The numbers were even more impressive considering "The Walking Dead" was going up against the 2013 Grammy Awards, which had 28.4 million people tuning in on CBS.
"When you look at numbers like this, the first thing that comes to mind is how grateful we are to the fans of this show. They embrace 'The Walking Dead' »
- Alex Moaba
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead season 4 episode 14 review: The Grove (From Den of Geek. 17 March 2014, 12:16 AM, PDT)
- More Crucifixes are Planted in "The Grove" on "The Walking Dead:" A Television Review (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 16 March 2014, 10:26 PM, PDT)
- See a Sneak Peek of The Walking Dead Episode 4.15 - Us; Go Inside Episode 4.14 - The Grove (From Dread Central. 16 March 2014, 10:01 PM, PDT)
- Video of the Day: Inside the Writers Room with Breaking Bad (From SoundOnSight. 20 February 2014, 6:24 PM, PST)
- Watch: 2-Hour Talk With Vince Gilligan And The Writers Of 'Breaking Bad' (From Indiewire Television. 18 February 2014, 7:44 AM, PST)
- Watch: 2-Hour Talk With Vince Gilligan And The Writers Of 'Breaking Bad' (From The Playlist. 18 February 2014, 7:44 AM, PST)
American Movie Classics (AMC) [us]
- New mobile game for The Walking Dead to coincide with Season 5 (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mad Men’ Final Season Gets Cryptic First Teaser (Video) (From The Wrap. 6 March 2014, 12:28 PM, PST)
- AMC and Next Games Team Up for The Walking Dead Mobile Game (From DailyDead. 6 March 2014, 8:09 AM, PST)