That's 1.4 million more than the previous record, set by the Season 3 premiere in October.
The installment also drew 7.7 million young adults between the advertiser friendly ages of 18 and 49.
"When you look at numbers like this, the first thing that comes to mind is how grateful we are to the fans of this show. They embrace ‘The Walking Dead’ in a way that we wanted to believe was possible but we never take for granted,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president. “The cast and crew put everything they have into making this show. They’re a phenomenally talented group who truly give their all. We congratulate everyone involved.” »
- email@example.com (Matt Richenthal)
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- "Guardians Of The Galaxy": Spaceship Crash (From SneakPeek. 16 April 2014, 4:04 AM, PDT)
- Sundance Channel set for UK (From ScreenDaily. 16 April 2014, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- Preview Pages from Robert Kirkman’s Outcast (From DailyDead. 15 April 2014, 4:09 PM, PDT)
American Movie Classics (AMC) [us]
- The Walking Dead Season Four Finale Sets Another Record With 15.7 Million Viewers (From ComicBookMovie. 31 March 2014, 12:23 PM, PDT)
- 'Walking Dead' Season 4 finale crushes network competition (From Hitfix. 31 March 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead Season 4 Finale Breaks Records—Find Out How Many Viewers Tuned In (From E! Online. 31 March 2014, 11:17 AM, PDT)
Charlie Collier (II)
- Mad Men's Premiere Ratings Are Down—Find Out How Low (From E! Online. 14 April 2014, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mad Men’s’ Season 7 Big Hollywood Premiere Buzz: How Does It All End? Why Can’t The Cast Win At Emmys? And Why Does Matt Weiner Welcome HBO’s ‘True Detective’ To Drama Series Race? (From Deadline TV. 3 April 2014, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mad Men’s’ Matthew Weiner: ‘Trust Me, I’m Going to Miss It More Than You Will’ (From Variety - TV News. 1 April 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)