AMC’s The Walking Dead is alive and kicking, resuming Season 3 on Sunday night with an all-time high audience of 12.3 million total viewers.
The series’ previous record was the audience of 10.9 million who tuned in for the Season 3 premiere back in October.
Folding in encores, the midseason opener amassed 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Related | Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere Recap: Beyond Thunderdome
Sunday’s Walking Dead episode also stands as the highest-rated telecast ever for a basic cable series, drawing 7.7 million adults age 18-49 (up 6 percent over the drama’s previous best and surging 44 percent from Season 2′s midseason »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Costume Stories: American Hustle and Hollywood Costume (From Clothes on Film. 7 December 2013, 4:36 AM, PST)
- Bagged and Boarded Comic Reviews: Dog Apocalypse, Prison Ship Killers, and More! (From FEARnet. 7 December 2013)
- The 2013 “Hey You Geeks!!” Holiday Shopping Guide (From SoundOnSight. 7 December 2013, 4:12 AM, PST)
"Modern Family" (2009)
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Justin Mikita's First Christmas as a Married Couple: No Gifts! (From E! Online. 7 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Will Sofía Vergara Spend Christmas in a Bikini? Get the Sexy Scoop! (From E! Online. 6 December 2013, 1:35 PM, PST)
- ABC 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/6/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2013, 1:19 PM, PST)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- CBS 2013-14 Season Ratings [updated 12/6/13] (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2013, 1:19 PM, PST)
- Thursday Ratings: Sound of Music Live, Scandal, Reign, Glee, X Factor, Wonderland (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 December 2013, 12:28 PM, PST)
- Bad-Ass New Poster For ‘Raze’ (From The Hollywood News. 6 December 2013, 10:16 AM, PST)