AMC’s The Walking Dead is alive and kicking, resuming Season 3 on Sunday night with an all-time high audience of 12.3 million total viewers.
The series’ previous record was the audience of 10.9 million who tuned in for the Season 3 premiere back in October.
Folding in encores, the midseason opener amassed 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Related | Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere Recap: Beyond Thunderdome
Sunday’s Walking Dead episode also stands as the highest-rated telecast ever for a basic cable series, drawing 7.7 million adults age 18-49 (up 6 percent over the drama’s previous best and surging 44 percent from Season 2′s midseason »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Take on Thanos in the First Trailer for Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy (From Cinelinx. 30 March 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- 10 Times Judith Is the Purest Thing About The Walking Dead (From BuzzSugar. 30 March 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Norman Reedus Responds to all The Online Walking Dead Criticism (From TVovermind.com. 30 March 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
"Modern Family" (2009)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 3/30/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 March 2017, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Hyland Says New ‘Modern Family’ Shocker ‘Was A Doozy’ (From ET Canada. 30 March 2017, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- TV Ratings Report: Empire Slides To Series Lows (From TVfanatic. 30 March 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- TVLine Items: Wynonna Earp Return Date, Ken Burns Takes On Ali and More (From TVLine.com. 29 March 2017, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- Michael Bolton to Appear on 'Fresh Off the Boat' Finale (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 22 March 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Michael Bolton to Appear on 'Fresh Off the Boat' Finale (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 22 March 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)