AMC’s The Walking Dead is alive and kicking, resuming Season 3 on Sunday night with an all-time high audience of 12.3 million total viewers.
The series’ previous record was the audience of 10.9 million who tuned in for the Season 3 premiere back in October.
Folding in encores, the midseason opener amassed 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Related | Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere Recap: Beyond Thunderdome
Sunday’s Walking Dead episode also stands as the highest-rated telecast ever for a basic cable series, drawing 7.7 million adults age 18-49 (up 6 percent over the drama’s previous best and surging 44 percent from Season 2′s midseason »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- ‘The Mindy Project’ Cancelled at Fox: May Move to Hulu for New Seasons (From Variety - TV News. 6 May 2015, 6:30 PM, PDT)
- iZombie Renewed for Second Season (From DailyDead. 6 May 2015, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- PlayStation Renews Original Series ‘Powers’ For Second Season (From Tubefilter News. 6 May 2015, 2:53 PM, PDT)
"Modern Family" (2009)
- Sofía Vergara Talks Living With Joe Manganiello, Wedding Date and What Makes Her "Suspicious"—Listen! (From E! Online. 6 May 2015, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- Last Night on Late Night, 5/5/15: Chris O’Dowd on Conan, Nathan Lane on Letterman (From SoundOnSight. 6 May 2015, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- Sofia Vergara Lets Slip Intimate Details About Her Bedroom on Fallon (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 6 May 2015, 11:07 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Watch Charlie Sheen party hard in Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike music video (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 May 2015, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- CBS 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/6/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 6 May 2015, 1:47 PM, PDT)
- Chuck Lorre Signs With UTA (From The Wrap. 6 May 2015, 10:14 AM, PDT)