AMC’s The Walking Dead is alive and kicking, resuming Season 3 on Sunday night with an all-time high audience of 12.3 million total viewers.
The series’ previous record was the audience of 10.9 million who tuned in for the Season 3 premiere back in October.
Folding in encores, the midseason opener amassed 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Related | Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere Recap: Beyond Thunderdome
Sunday’s Walking Dead episode also stands as the highest-rated telecast ever for a basic cable series, drawing 7.7 million adults age 18-49 (up 6 percent over the drama’s previous best and surging 44 percent from Season 2′s midseason »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead’s Tom Payne Teases How Season 8 Starts (From We Got This Covered. 16 August 2017, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise injury puts 'Mi:6' on hiatus (From ScreenDaily. 16 August 2017, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Rumoured descriptions for two new characters in Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger (From Flickeringmyth. 16 August 2017, 1:02 PM, PDT)
"Modern Family" (2009)
- FCC Censorship Rules Vary for Broadcast, Cable, and Streaming (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Emmys 2017: Will ‘Atlanta’ or ‘Veep’ Take the Top Comedy Trophy? (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2017, 9:55 AM, PDT)
- Madison Avenue Predicts Football Viewership Will Drop Again This Year (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 16 August 2017, 9:29 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- "Disjointed" - Sitcom In A Weed Clinic (From SneakPeek. 15 August 2017, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- Shonda Rhimes Says Goodbye to ABC, Hello to Netflix!!! (From TMZ. 14 August 2017, 6:38 AM, PDT)
- Shonda Rhimes Heads to Netflix in Another Big Blow to Broadcast TV (From Indiewire Television. 13 August 2017, 10:01 PM, PDT)