AMC’s The Walking Dead is alive and kicking, resuming Season 3 on Sunday night with an all-time high audience of 12.3 million total viewers.
The series’ previous record was the audience of 10.9 million who tuned in for the Season 3 premiere back in October.
Folding in encores, the midseason opener amassed 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Related | Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere Recap: Beyond Thunderdome
Sunday’s Walking Dead episode also stands as the highest-rated telecast ever for a basic cable series, drawing 7.7 million adults age 18-49 (up 6 percent over the drama’s previous best and surging 44 percent from Season 2′s midseason »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Adam Davidson to Direct the Pilot Episode of The Walking Dead Spin-Off Series (From Collider.com. 24 October 2014, 5:27 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead Spin-Off Lands A Director For Pilot Episode (From ComicBookMovie. 24 October 2014, 3:50 PM, PDT)
- Entertainment Geekly: How 'The Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings' (From EW.com - PopWatch. 24 October 2014, 3:24 PM, PDT)
"Modern Family" (2009)
- Sofia Vergara Gives Us Sneak Peek at "Magic Mike Xxl" Stripping Scene! (From TooFab. 24 October 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Nick Frost Heads To ABC For The Finger (From We Got This Covered. 24 October 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Hyland Bundles Up in Oversize Printed Coat in NYC: Get the Look for Less! (From Us Weekly. 24 October 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Must Be Something in the Water... Another NBA Star Is Developing a Bio-Inspired TV Series (From ShadowAndAct. 24 October 2014, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Ratings: ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ends on High Note for CBS; ABC Dramas Hold Strong (From Variety - TV News. 24 October 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside the Controversial 'Two and a Half Men' Gay Wedding (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 October 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)