AMC’s The Walking Dead is alive and kicking, resuming Season 3 on Sunday night with an all-time high audience of 12.3 million total viewers.
The series’ previous record was the audience of 10.9 million who tuned in for the Season 3 premiere back in October.
Folding in encores, the midseason opener amassed 16.6 million viewers for the night.
Related | Walking Dead Season 3B Premiere Recap: Beyond Thunderdome
Sunday’s Walking Dead episode also stands as the highest-rated telecast ever for a basic cable series, drawing 7.7 million adults age 18-49 (up 6 percent over the drama’s previous best and surging 44 percent from Season 2′s midseason »
- Matt Webb Mitovich
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- "The Walking Dead: Slabtown" (From SneakPeek. 24 October 2014, 11:23 AM, PDT)
- Andrew Lincoln: Final Third Of Walking Dead Season 5 Is "Like A Completely New Show" (From ComicBookMovie. 24 October 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- 'The Crow' Remake Begins Shooting Spring 2015 (From MovieWeb. 24 October 2014, 9:57 AM, PDT)
"Modern Family" (2009)
- Renee Zellweger Isn’t Swayed By Anyone Who’s Hating On Her New Look (From VH1.com. 24 October 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- ABC Developing Elizabeth Banks Conspiracy Comedy The Greater Good (From We Got This Covered. 23 October 2014, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Modern Family: Season Six Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 October 2014, 1:32 PM, PDT)
"Two and a Half Men" (2003)
- Must Be Something in the Water... Another NBA Star Is Developing a Bio-Inspired TV Series (From ShadowAndAct. 24 October 2014, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Ratings: ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ends on High Note for CBS; ABC Dramas Hold Strong (From Variety - TV News. 24 October 2014, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Go Inside the Controversial 'Two and a Half Men' Gay Wedding (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 October 2014, 1:55 PM, PDT)