Following the ratings success of its DC Comics adaptation Arrow, The CW has announced that it has picked up the hit superhero series for a second season, as well as renewing The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, with all three shows set to return to the network's line-up in Fall 2013.
"We said last year that one of our goals was to establish building blocks to grow on, and now with our new hit Arrow and fan favorite Supernatural on Wednesday night, and the continued success of The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, we’ve been able to do that," said Mark Pedowitz, President of The CW. "Not only do Arrow, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries perform well on-air, they’re also extremely successful for us both digitally and socially. I’m thrilled to have all three shows returning to our schedule next season."
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsDC Comics [us]
- Moore, Gaiman, & Morrison Spotlighted in The British Invasion! (From Comicmix. 25 August 2016, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Monster Comic Series The Monolith Stomping onto the Big Screen Courtesy of Lionsgate (From Dread Central. 25 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders Will Premiere at New York Comic Con (From MovieWeb. 25 August 2016, 9:51 AM, PDT)
"The Vampire Diaries" (2009)
- Rise: CW Develops Martial Law Drama from Vampire Diaries Team (From TVSeriesFinale. 25 August 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Lost Boys’ Will Now Be An Anthology TV Series On The CW (From The Playlist. 25 August 2016, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- Find Out When Your Favorite Shows Are Coming Back This Fall (From BuzzSugar. 25 August 2016, 1:35 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Amazon nabs The Kettering Incident for North America (From IF.com.au. 25 August 2016, 10:27 PM, PDT)
- Amazon Prime nabs The Kettering Incident for North America (From IF.com.au. 25 August 2016, 10:27 PM, PDT)
- Women at the Emmys: The Behind-the-Scenes Nominees We’re Rooting For (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 2:20 PM, PDT)