Rhythm & Hues set to file for Chapter 11 just days after winning Bafta for work on Ang Lee's film, according to reports
The special effects company behind Life of Pi, which won the Bafta for best visual effects on Sunday, is filing for bankruptcy protection, according to reports.
California-based Rhythm & Hues is set to make a Chapter 11 filing in the wake of reports that a bid by three Hollywood studios to keep the business afloat with a £20m loan has failed.
Other hits produced with the help of Rhythm & Hues' visual trickery include The Golden Compass, an adaptation of a Philip Pullman novel, and Babe, the children's classic featuring a talking pig. Rhythm & Hues was not available for comment.
Chapter 11 - corporate bankruptciesUnited StatesBaftasAwards and prizesDan Milmo
guardian.co.uk © 2013 Guardian News and Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved. | Use of this content is subject to our Terms »
- Dan Milmo
Similar News ItemsLife of Pi (2012)
- Philomena, 12 Years A Slave, Gravity, Star Trek Into Darkness Among Scores In Contention For Oscar (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 December 2013, 7:33 PM, PST)
- FX Greenlights Middle-East Drama Tyrant (From We Got This Covered. 12 December 2013, 1:05 PM, PST)
- 2014 Oscar Predictions: Best Picture (From Indiewire. 12 December 2013, 12:32 PM, PST)
The Golden Compass (2007)
- Box Office or: How I Learned to Stop Going to Theatres and Play Catch-Up (From FilmExperience. 8 December 2013, 7:24 PM, PST)
- 14 Biggest Potential Bombs of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2013, 11:47 AM, PST)
- Film today: what did you watch this weekend? (From The Guardian - Film News. 11 November 2013, 8:49 AM, PST)
- The Observer's books of the year (From The Guardian - Film News. 23 November 2013, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Ender's Game Plummets on Second Weekend in North America: Sequel Chances? (From Alt Film Guide. 11 November 2013, 8:58 PM, PST)
- The Golden Compass recap: how a literary triumph was turned to dust (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 November 2013, 8:59 AM, PST)