The Weinstein Company (TWC) has acquired the U.S. Distribution rights to Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters, the first feature film installment of the highly successful Vampire Academy series of young adult books from financiers Reliance Entertainment and Im Global.
Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters, to be directed by Mark Waters (Mean Girls, The Spiderwick Chronicles), is based on the first book in author Richelle Mead's hugely successful series of books, with the screenplay written by Daniel Waters (Batman Returns, Heathers). The
Vampire Academy book series is a worldwide phenomenon, with over 8 million copies in print across 35 countries. To date there are 6 books in the series, with the last 4 on the NY Times Best Sellers list.
The deal was negotiated over the past few days at the Berlin Film Festival by TWC Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein, COO David Glasser and Acquisitions President, Mark Gooder with Im Global CEO Stuart Ford and attorney »
Similar News ItemsTransformers (2007)
- 5 Electric New Images from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From HeyUGuys. 3 December 2013, 3:23 PM, PST)
- Michael Bay says no room for 'goofiness' in 'Transformers 4' (From Hitfix. 3 December 2013, 2:45 PM, PST)
- New Hi-Res Triptych Banner for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From HeyUGuys. 3 December 2013, 1:27 PM, PST)
Django Unchained (2012)
- First image from the From Dusk Till Dawn TV series (From Flickeringmyth. 4 December 2013, 4:35 AM, PST)
- ’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Fruitvale Station’ Excluded From WGA Awards (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 6:33 PM, PST)
- ‘American Hustle’ Hot, But Who Really Got a Boost From NY Film Critics? (From Variety - Film News. 3 December 2013, 3:19 PM, PST)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Out of the Furnace | Review (From ioncinema. 4 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Film Review: 'American Hustle' (From CineVue. 4 December 2013, 9:30 AM, PST)
- ‘American Hustle’ Review: It’s Grifters vs. Feds in David O. Russell’s Sexy, Hilarious and Vivid Triumph (From The Wrap. 4 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)