Now that Pope Benedict XVI has decided that being God’s chosen spokeman on Earth is no longer for him, the religious world will once more find itself locked in debate as to who will take over, with towers of white smoke on the edge of everyone’s minds in the coming weeks and months.
The early favourite right now is apparently Ghana’s Cardinal Peter Turkson, but that won’t stop the speculation, so we’re weighing in with our own (unconventional) choices from the world of film for people who could take over as the next Pope.
Let’s be honest, Preacher would be the most entertaining possible Pope, but noone’s made a film for him yet, so the hands are tied on that one.
Here’s goes nothing…
A controversial place to start no doubt, but consider this: would »
- Simon Gallagher
Similar News ItemsArnold Schwarzenegger
- Arnold Schwarzenegger killed 81 people in Commando? Hollywood's 5 deadliest action heroes by body counts (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 3 October 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- See What It Looks Like When Classic Horror-Movie Posters Come to Life (From Movies.com. 1 October 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- The Terminator Franchise Is On Hold, Because, Of Course (From Cinema Blend. 1 October 2015, 3:47 PM, PDT)
The Terminator (1984)
- The 10 Best Makeup Effects in Film (From Cinelinx. 4 October 2015, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Terminator Genisys sequels get terminated (From The Hollywood News. 3 October 2015, 5:29 AM, PDT)
- Nicole Kidman to star in new Compare the Market meerkat advert, and here are the photos to prove it (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 October 2015, 4:50 AM, PDT)
Gabriel Byrne (I)
- Viff’15: ‘Louder Than Bombs’ occupies a unique space by not conforming to its own genre (From SoundOnSight. 4 October 2015, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Merlin: Where are the cast of BBC One's family fantasy series now? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 September 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Why 'Louder Than Bombs' Filmmaker Joachim Trier Hates Labeling His Work and You Should, Too (From Indiewire. 18 September 2015, 11:20 AM, PDT)