Despite some heavy star power, the 55th Annual Grammy Awards declined in the ratings from last year’s record-setting telecast.
CBS’ coverage of the music special delivered a powerful 28.1 million viewers and a 10.0 rating among adults 18-49 on Sunday night.
But that’s down 30 percent in viewers and down 27 percent in the demo from last year’s awards which aired a day after Whitney Houston’s death.
Insiders expected the Grammy audience to drop given the unusual and tragic circumstances surrounding last year’s airing. Still, the Grammys enjoyed its second-largest audience since 1993 and easily won the night. During the show, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 7 Pieces of Vital Information We Learned From 'All That' (From Hitfix. 17 April 2014, 6:10 PM, PDT)
- Tracy Morgan takes questions on Reddit: 'If you love me, I love you back' (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 April 2014, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Tribeca Exclusive: 'SNL' Players Featured in Stills for Raucous Sports Drama Parody 'Intramural' (From Indiewire. 17 April 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- "The Walking Dead"- More Season 5 Updates (From SneakPeek. 17 April 2014, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- What if Telltale Games' The Walking Dead Starred The Super Mario Bros.? (From FEARnet. 17 April 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Telltale's Second Season of The Walking Dead Game Coming to Vita Next Week (From Cinelinx. 17 April 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Whitney Houston's Family -- Nick's Not Welcome Here ... For One Full Year (From TMZ. 17 April 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- Frozen Ost spends tenth week at Us No.1, equals Lion King record (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 April 2014, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- NBC Sets May Date For Maya Rudolph Variety Show Pilot Broadcast (From Deadline TV. 15 April 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)