Despite some heavy star power, the 55th Annual Grammy Awards declined in the ratings from last year’s record-setting telecast.
CBS’ coverage of the music special delivered a powerful 28.1 million viewers and a 10.0 rating among adults 18-49 on Sunday night.
But that’s down 30 percent in viewers and down 27 percent in the demo from last year’s awards which aired a day after Whitney Houston’s death.
Insiders expected the Grammy audience to drop given the unusual and tragic circumstances surrounding last year’s airing. Still, the Grammys enjoyed its second-largest audience since 1993 and easily won the night. During the show, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Leslie Jones Promoted to SNL Featured Player (From Vulture. 20 October 2014, 7:58 PM, PDT)
- Gossip Girl Alum Penn Badgley Joins NBC Miniseries The Slap as Cougar Bait (From TVLine.com. 20 October 2014, 7:55 PM, PDT)
- Leslie Jones Named New SNL Cast Member (From PEOPLE.com. 20 October 2014, 7:50 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- The Walking Dead, Ep. 5.02 “Strangers” sweet and bloody disgusting (From SoundOnSight. 20 October 2014, 9:45 PM, PDT)
- Z Nation: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 October 2014, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Have 'The Walking Dead' fans become numb to all the atrocities? (From Hitfix. 20 October 2014, 6:39 PM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- The X Factor: What did the judges have to say about '80s Week? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 October 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- The X Factor Live Show 2: 1980s Week - As it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 October 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor: Week 2's '80s Night song choices revealed (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 October 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)