Despite some heavy star power, the 55th Annual Grammy Awards declined in the ratings from last year’s record-setting telecast.
CBS’ coverage of the music special delivered a powerful 28.1 million viewers and a 10.0 rating among adults 18-49 on Sunday night.
But that’s down 30 percent in viewers and down 27 percent in the demo from last year’s awards which aired a day after Whitney Houston’s death.
Insiders expected the Grammy audience to drop given the unusual and tragic circumstances surrounding last year’s airing. Still, the Grammys enjoyed its second-largest audience since 1993 and easily won the night. During the show, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Jay Pharoah Defends SNL Cast Mate Leslie Jones Following Website Hack: 'People Need to Leave Her Alone' (From PEOPLE.com. 30 August 2016)
- Something Wilder: Gene Wilder Dies at 83 (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 August 2016, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- Read Gene Wilder’s Heartbreaking Essay About Wife Gilda Radner’s Death (From The Wrap. 29 August 2016, 5:48 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- TV News Roundup: Emily Watson Joins Geoffrey Rush in NatGeo’s ‘Genius’ (From Variety - TV News. 29 August 2016, 4:29 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead’s Michael Cudlitz Seemingly Drops A Big Spoiler (From We Got This Covered. 29 August 2016, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- TV Scorecard: What Shows Have Been Canceled or Renewed in 2016? (From BuzzSugar. 29 August 2016, 2:55 PM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Get Cast on a Disney Cruise Line and 5 More Projects (From Backstage. 26 August 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Toni Collette Spies ABC Series, Dr. Drew Cancelled and More (From TVLine.com. 25 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Rep: Britney Spears Won’t Be Involved In Lifetime Biopic, ‘Nor Does It Have Her Blessing’ (From ET Canada. 25 August 2016, 6:41 AM, PDT)