Despite some heavy star power, the 55th Annual Grammy Awards declined in the ratings from last year’s record-setting telecast.
CBS’ coverage of the music special delivered a powerful 28.1 million viewers and a 10.0 rating among adults 18-49 on Sunday night.
But that’s down 30 percent in viewers and down 27 percent in the demo from last year’s awards which aired a day after Whitney Houston’s death.
Insiders expected the Grammy audience to drop given the unusual and tragic circumstances surrounding last year’s airing. Still, the Grammys enjoyed its second-largest audience since 1993 and easily won the night. During the show, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- 9 Indie Films That Deserve More Attention This Year (From Indiewire. 23 June 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 5 Things to Know Before the 2017 Bet Awards (From E! Online. 23 June 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- The Night Shift Season 4 Premiere Recap: Let's Make a Deal (From TVLine.com. 22 June 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Nightshade confirmed to appear in Marvel’s Black Panther (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2017, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- Prepare for More Gore in Preacher Season 2 (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 22 June 2017, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- Prepare for More Gore in Preacher Season 2 (From TVGuide - Features. 22 June 2017, 6:39 PM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Camila Cabello Flawlessly Performs Renditions of Whitney Houston and Adele Songs on 'Tonight Show' (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 June 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Everything You Need to Know About Singer Jake Zyrus, Formerly Charice Pempengco (From PEOPLE.com. 21 June 2017, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Whitney: Can I Be Me’ Bow Moves After Being Boxed In By Mayweather-McGregor (From Deadline TV. 21 June 2017, 1:45 PM, PDT)