Despite some heavy star power, the 55th Annual Grammy Awards declined in the ratings from last year’s record-setting telecast.
CBS’ coverage of the music special delivered a powerful 28.1 million viewers and a 10.0 rating among adults 18-49 on Sunday night.
But that’s down 30 percent in viewers and down 27 percent in the demo from last year’s awards which aired a day after Whitney Houston’s death.
Insiders expected the Grammy audience to drop given the unusual and tragic circumstances surrounding last year’s airing. Still, the Grammys enjoyed its second-largest audience since 1993 and easily won the night. During the show, »
- James Hibberd
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Robert Downey Jr. Calls Himself an Emotional Chameleon, Is Right (From Vulture. 27 April 2015, 11:17 PM, PDT)
- Jenny Slate to star in new comedy series on FX (From Flickeringmyth. 27 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- 10 awesome feminist comedy sketches (From Hitfix. 27 April 2015, 3:45 PM, PDT)
"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Texas Frightmare Weekend Haunts Dallas, TX This Weekend (From Cinelinx. 28 April 2015, 5:32 AM, PDT)
- Could The Walking Dead Get A Movie? Here's What Andrew Lincoln Says (From Cinema Blend. 27 April 2015, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- Review: Maggie (From DailyDead. 27 April 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Bobby Brown Files for Guardianship Over Bobbi Kristina Brown's Estate: Report (From Us Weekly. 25 April 2015, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s ‘Global Irreversible Brain Damage’ Condition Explained (From The Wrap. 22 April 2015, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Bobby Brown Releases a Statement About Bobbi Kristina's Future (From Popsugar. 21 April 2015, 7:45 AM, PDT)