In the battle of column inches earned by fashion garments worn at awards ceremonies, challenging gowns created by new Christian Dior creative director Raf Simons are currently ahead by a catwalk mile. Ok, it helps that they are being worn by nominated actors Marion Cotillard and Jennifer Lawrence, but there is some stylistic mischief at work here too.
At January's SAG awards the young Silver Linings Playbook actor Jennifer Lawrence, 22, had a much publicised "mishap" when she stood up to accept the best actress gong and her dress seemingly split in half.
"Major wardrobe malfunction!" crowed Perez Hilton, in response to part of the the Dior haute-couture gown apparently sliding down Lawrence's legs. Only it wasn't a mishap, because the dress comes in two parts, or as Dior would »
- Melanie Rickey
Similar News ItemsPerez Hilton
- NeNe Leakes Favorite To Replace Joan Rivers On 'Fashion Police' (From Uinterview. 27 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Sharknado 2: The Second One Hits DVD and Blu-ray this October (From Horror Asylum. 10 September 2014)
- 24 Problems Only Hairstylists Will Understand (From Obsessed with Film. 9 September 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Twelve new images from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (From Flickeringmyth. 1 October 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- St. Petersburg Intl. Media Forum Launches (From Variety - Film News. 1 October 2014, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Impressive VFX Breakdown for 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' (From FirstShowing.net. 1 October 2014, 7:06 AM, PDT)
- Nyff: The Dardennes' Two Days, One Night Offers Piercing Ethical Drama (From Village Voice. 28 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Can Marion Cotillard return to Oscars with Foreign Film contender 'Two Days, One Night'? (From Gold Derby. 28 September 2014, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- 12 Foreign-Language Oscar Entries You Should Know (From Variety - Film News. 26 September 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)