In the battle of column inches earned by fashion garments worn at awards ceremonies, challenging gowns created by new Christian Dior creative director Raf Simons are currently ahead by a catwalk mile. Ok, it helps that they are being worn by nominated actors Marion Cotillard and Jennifer Lawrence, but there is some stylistic mischief at work here too.
At January's SAG awards the young Silver Linings Playbook actor Jennifer Lawrence, 22, had a much publicised "mishap" when she stood up to accept the best actress gong and her dress seemingly split in half.
"Major wardrobe malfunction!" crowed Perez Hilton, in response to part of the the Dior haute-couture gown apparently sliding down Lawrence's legs. Only it wasn't a mishap, because the dress comes in two parts, or as Dior would »
- Melanie Rickey
Similar News ItemsPerez Hilton
- Sharknado 2: The Second One Hits DVD and Blu-ray this October (From Horror Asylum. 10 September 2014)
- 24 Problems Only Hairstylists Will Understand (From Obsessed with Film. 9 September 2014, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Sharknado 2: The Second One Extended for Blu-ray (From Dread Central. 9 September 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- First trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (From Sky Movies. 16 September 2014, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- Watch 'Serena,' the Jennifer Lawrence/Bradley Cooper Movie You Probably Didn't Know Existed (From Movies.com. 15 September 2014, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- New Trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 Arrives Online (From Worst Previews. 15 September 2014, 8:22 PM, PDT)
- Joaquin Phoenix: Oscar veterans hoping for another nomination this year (From Hollywoodnews.com. 11 September 2014, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Tiff 2014: ‘Two Days, One Night’ another humanizing powerhouse from the Dardennes (From SoundOnSight. 11 September 2014, 11:17 AM, PDT)
- Musicals at the Oscars (From Scott Feinberg. 10 September 2014, 1:35 PM, PDT)