On Sunday night, the 23-year-old singer took to the stage at the 2013 Grammy Awards to open the show with her hit single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Curiosity piqued when Swift appeared to use a mock British accent during a spoken portion of the song, taking a possible swing at her U.K. boy-bander ex, Styles, notes Us Weekly.
"So he calls me up and he's like, 'I still love you,' and I'm like, 'I'm sorry, I'm busy opening up the Grammys,'" Swift said with an English accent during her "Alice In Wonderland" themed performance.
Twitter went crazy with speculation over Swift's apparent dig, according to CBS News.
Did Taylor swift just do an English accent ?
— Judd Apatow (@JuddApatow) February 11, 2013
Did we detect a Harry Styles-esque »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj & Taylor Swift -- Smells Like a Rip-Off ... Perfume Co. Sues Over Celeb Fragrances (From TMZ. 9 July 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- 'The Giver' OneRepublic Music Video: Ordinary Human (From MovieWeb. 9 July 2014, 10:19 AM, PDT)
- Vanessa Hudgens Chops Off Her Hair -- See Short New 'Do! (From TooFab. 9 July 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Lifetime Adapting ‘Clan of the Cave Bear’ With Ron Howard, Brian Grazer (From Variety - TV News. 9 July 2014, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- 'Dumbo' Is Getting The Live-Action Treatment (From LatinoReview. 9 July 2014, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction scribe hired to write live-action Dumbo movie (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 2:20 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Is Reportedly Dating Producer Mike Will Made-It (From Popsugar. 9 July 2014, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson Too Busy for Olly Murs' BBQs (From National Ledger. 7 July 2014, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- Harry Styles May Have Favorited a Very Nsfw Tweet and the Internet Reacted Accordingly (From E! Online. 7 July 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)