On Sunday night, the 23-year-old singer took to the stage at the 2013 Grammy Awards to open the show with her hit single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Curiosity piqued when Swift appeared to use a mock British accent during a spoken portion of the song, taking a possible swing at her U.K. boy-bander ex, Styles, notes Us Weekly.
"So he calls me up and he's like, 'I still love you,' and I'm like, 'I'm sorry, I'm busy opening up the Grammys,'" Swift said with an English accent during her "Alice In Wonderland" themed performance.
Twitter went crazy with speculation over Swift's apparent dig, according to CBS News.
Did Taylor swift just do an English accent ?
— Judd Apatow (@JuddApatow) February 11, 2013
Did we detect a Harry Styles-esque »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- P.U. – Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift Weak Fragrance Sales Blamed for Double Digit Loss at Elizabeth Arden (From The Wrap. 20 August 2014, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- Here Is Every Character Taylor Swift Has Played in Her Music Videos, From "Band Geek" to "Stalker" (From E! Online. 20 August 2014, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- What's Trending: A Response to Ice Bucket Haters, Waking a Grouchy Dog, and More! (From Popsugar. 20 August 2014, 1:59 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- DVD Review – Tracks (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 20 August 2014, 1:45 AM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Join Kevin Smith’s ‘Yoga Hosers’ (From Screen Rant. 19 August 2014, 7:21 PM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp Gets His Mustache On in 'Mortdecai' Trailer (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 August 2014, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Harry Styles Could Have Had His First On-Screen Kiss With Cara Delevingne—Get the Details! (From E! Online. 19 August 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- 6 Things to watch for during the 2014 MTV VMAs: Beyonce, Taylor Swift and more (From Hitfix. 19 August 2014, 3:03 AM, PDT)
- Simon Cowell puts together X Factor supergroup (From Virgin Media - TV. 19 August 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)