On Sunday night, the 23-year-old singer took to the stage at the 2013 Grammy Awards to open the show with her hit single, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Curiosity piqued when Swift appeared to use a mock British accent during a spoken portion of the song, taking a possible swing at her U.K. boy-bander ex, Styles, notes Us Weekly.
"So he calls me up and he's like, 'I still love you,' and I'm like, 'I'm sorry, I'm busy opening up the Grammys,'" Swift said with an English accent during her "Alice In Wonderland" themed performance.
Twitter went crazy with speculation over Swift's apparent dig, according to CBS News.
Did Taylor swift just do an English accent ?
— Judd Apatow (@JuddApatow) February 11, 2013
Did we detect a Harry Styles-esque »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News ItemsTaylor Swift
- Celebrities Celebrate Christmas on Instagram (From VH1.com. 26 December 2014, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Top 50 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide • Week Of 12/26/14 (From Tubefilter News. 26 December 2014, 6:52 AM, PST)
- 2014′s Most Masterful Moments of Celebrity PR (From VH1.com. 25 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- Directors' Trademarks: Tim Burton (From Cinelinx. 23 December 2014, 4:54 PM, PST)
- Review: Big Eyes (From JoBlo. 23 December 2014, 3:20 PM, PST)
- Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton Split After 13 Years Together (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 12:03 PM, PST)
- Justin Bieber Enjoys High-Flying Christmas with New Private Jet (From PEOPLE.com. 26 December 2014, 8:55 AM, PST)
- Save the Dates! Your Guide to 125+ January Returns, Debuts and Finales (From TVLine.com. 25 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Tuesday TV Ratings: One Direction, The Year, Shrek the Halls, Kelly Clarkson (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 December 2014, 12:59 PM, PST)