Film awards event draws biggest TV audience for a decade, but Jeremy Piven drama attracts more viewers
BBC1's coverage of the 2013 Bafta film awards enjoyed its biggest audience for a decade on Sunday, but was still not enough to beat ITV1's Mr Selfridge.
The Bafta film awards averaged 5.4 million viewers, a 23.9% share, between 9pm and 11pm on BBC1 on Sunday, up from 5.3 million last year, 5.2 million in 2011 and a lowly 3.6 million in 2010.
The film awards event has been steadily growing its audience in recent years when it has been broadcast as a single programme solely on BBC1.
In 2009 its coverage was split between BBC1 and BBC2, and in previous years it has been interrupted by the BBC News.
Sunday's audience was its biggest since 2003 when »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsBruce Willis
- Damn! Rumer Willis Channels Mom Demi Moore in Super-Sexy Bikini: See Her Hot Body! (From E! Online. 2 July 2015, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- John Goodman & Bond Girl Stephanie Sigman Added To Voltage’s Untitled Bruce Willis Comedy (From Deadline. 30 June 2015, 11:09 AM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis Plays With Sprinklers in His Backyard With Youngest Two Daughters: Photo (From Us Weekly. 26 June 2015, 1:50 AM, PDT)
Channel 4 [gb]
- UK TV ratings: Big Brother live eviction seen by more than 1 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 4 July 2015, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Interesting Times in the TV Industry (From Flickeringmyth. 4 July 2015, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- UK TV ratings: Celebrity MasterChef tops Thursday with 3.8m (From Digital Spy - TV news. 3 July 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch 12 in-depth Emmy chats with Drama Actor hopefuls: Bob Odenkirk, Jamie Dornan, Sam Heughan ... (From Gold Derby. 3 July 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive interview with actress Stephanie Vogt on her new role in The Royals (From Flickeringmyth. 2 July 2015, 3:22 AM, PDT)
- Amazon Lands Exclusive Rights to ‘Wolf Hall,’ Other PBS ‘Masterpiece’ Series (From Variety - TV News. 30 June 2015, 6:04 AM, PDT)