Director: Christopher Kenneally; Screenwriter: Christopher Kenneally; Starring: Keanu Reeves, Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, Danny Boyle, James Cameron, George Lucas, David Lynch, Robert Rodriguez, Steven Soderbergh; Running time 99 mins; Certificate: 15
Keanu Reeves produces, narrates and acts as on-camera interview in Chris Kenneally's fascinating new documentary about Hollywood's transition into the digital age. Years on the acting A-list has primed the one-time Neo well for Side by Side; he's able to call on the cream of the movie industry's directors, cinematographers, producers and camera producers to document the move from celluloid to digital.
Side by Side assembles a cast of talking heads - including digital evangelists George Lucas, James Cameron and David Fincher, and those reluctant to convert such as Christopher Nolan and his director of photography Wally Pfister - to deconstruct the entire technical process, workflow and history of the business.
The documentary examines everything from image capture, editing, delivery, »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Teaser: First Peek at John Boyega in Action (Video) (From The Wrap. 20 July 2017, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’ Introduces Porgs, Those Adorable New Creatures in ‘The Last Jedi’ (From Collider.com. 20 July 2017, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Mads Mikkelsen Circling Villain Role In Doug Liman’s ‘Chaos Walking’ (From Deadline. 20 July 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)
Christopher Nolan (I)
- Netflix Is Not the Problem: Why Bad Theatrical Presentations Are Destroying the Experience (From Indiewire. 20 July 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Takes Seat With the Greats, With Stirring Movie ‘Dunkirk’ (From TheImproper.com. 20 July 2017, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Says ‘Dunkirk’ Is His Most Experimental Movie, Explains How Shooting On Film Saved Key Sequence (From The Playlist. 20 July 2017, 12:13 PM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Finn Jones and Mike Colter still hoping for a Defenders and Avengers team-up (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming almost featured the “With Great Power…” line (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Update: Unused Spider-Man: Homecoming concept design for a Superior Spider-Man suit (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)