Congratulations go out to Fun for winning multiple times at the 55th Grammy Awards. Seriously, the band is awesome, and it deserve all the love coming its way. But winning Best New Artist? The band has been active since 2008, and this award is sort of a slap in the face.
As Nate Ruess said during Fun's acceptance speech, "We're so old!" Of course, that could have been a nod to his joke earlier about how people watching in HD would see how old the band members actually are despite their song "We Are Young," but the point stands: Fun is not new.
The Grammys define a nominee for Best New Artist as "a new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, the first recording which establishes the public identity of that artist." We interpret that as, "A new artist who releases, during the Eligibility Year, their first recording which catches our attention. »
Similar News ItemsLeAnn Rimes
- Watch LeAnn Rimes and David Gray duet on the London stage (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 May 2015, 5:27 AM, PDT)
- LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian Head to the Beach During Their Mexican Getaway (From Popsugar. 15 May 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Celeb Sightings: Steve Aoki Transforms Katie Couric Into an Edm DJ (From Us Weekly. 6 May 2015, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review: ‘The Gambler’ Still Wins on Blu-ray (From HollywoodChicago.com. 14 May 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca Review: 'Tumbledown' Starring Rebecca Hall And Jason Sudeikis (From The Playlist. 21 April 2015, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- The Voice Recap: Handle With Chair (From TVLine.com. 24 February 2015, 7:45 PM, PST)
- Blake Shelton Gives a Grammar Lesson & Adam Levine Makes Fun of His Butt In These Hilarious Voice Outtakes (From E! Online. 2 April 2015)
- ?The Voice? Season 8: Top 20 Performance Rankings from the Knockout Rounds (From BuddyTV. 30 March 2015, 10:53 PM, PDT)
- 'The Voice' poll: Who was best in Monday's final knockout battles?' (From Gold Derby. 30 March 2015, 8:05 PM, PDT)