Bizarre tale of CIA rescue from Iran wins best film and best director, while Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln takes best actor
"This is a second act for me," he said. "You've given me that, this industry has given me that and I am so grateful and proud and I dedicate this to anyone out there who is trying to get their second act because you can do it."
Affleck may have been referring to some of the terrible performances in terrible movies – Gigli, definitely, Pearl Harbor, probably – he has given over the years but on Sunday night nobody was talking about them.
It was all about Argo, a nerve-shredder of a movie with such a ludicrous »
- Mark Brown
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Cannes: Palme d’Or Race Looks Wide-Open (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2013, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013 round-up, week 2: Gosling for breakfast, skinflicks for lunch (From The Guardian - Film News. 25 May 2013, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- PS4 vs Xbox One: Launch Event Comparison (From Obsessed with Film. 25 May 2013, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- 8 Celebs Who've Been Booed (From newser. 25 May 2013, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Nicole Kidman Didn't Wear Anne Hathaway's Discarded Oscar Dress in Cannes: Rep (From Us Weekly. 24 May 2013, 4:47 AM, PDT)
- Kidman in Cannes. Part 4. (From FilmExperience. 23 May 2013, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Kanye West's Project Blocked By Police (From Huffington Post. 25 May 2013, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for ‘Ain’t Them Bodies Saints’ (From LatinoReview. 24 May 2013, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Ain’t Them Bodies Saints Trailer: Rooney Mara Loves Casey Affleck and Shooting Cops (Join the Club) (From Vulture. 24 May 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)