Bizarre tale of CIA rescue from Iran wins best film and best director, while Daniel Day-Lewis in Lincoln takes best actor
"This is a second act for me," he said. "You've given me that, this industry has given me that and I am so grateful and proud and I dedicate this to anyone out there who is trying to get their second act because you can do it."
Affleck may have been referring to some of the terrible performances in terrible movies – Gigli, definitely, Pearl Harbor, probably – he has given over the years but on Sunday night nobody was talking about them.
It was all about Argo, a nerve-shredder of a movie with such a ludicrous »
- Mark Brown
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The Definitive Kubrickian Films: 30-21 (From SoundOnSight. 11 March 2014, 9:51 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Q&A With Aaron Paul and Need for Speed Director Scott Waugh (From We Got This Covered. 11 March 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon honours for Barrymore, Sandler (From ScreenDaily. 11 March 2014, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- Miami Film Festival Diary: 'Club Sandwich' charms as the sun shines (From Hitfix. 11 March 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Score a Red Carpet Oscars Look (From Us Weekly. 11 March 2014, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Somehow 'Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis' Booked President Obama (From Indiewire. 11 March 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- First Look at The Flash Costume On Set & In Action! (Video & Pics) (From ComicBookMovie. 11 March 2014, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lopez says she would let both Ben Affleck and Diddy (hypothetically) drown -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 11 March 2014, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- Neil Patrick Harris: 'Rosamund Pike sex scene was robotic' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 11 March 2014, 12:59 PM, PDT)