Simon Chilvers assesses the hits and misses on a rain sodden red carpet in London
As red carpet award seasons go, 2013's hasn't exactly been vintage. Long, safe and strapless – with the odd rogue halter-neck – does not make for a particularly exciting series of fashion parades.
Sadly, the Baftas' sartorial offerings didn't improve things that much. No one laid an egg, wore a Gap turtle neck or even thought to invite Cher. Instead, the rain sodden carpet featured many women dandering around with bare shoulders looking freezing.
One story on the carpet was surely the protocol of wearing a coat. As the impossibly good-looking Jennifer Lawrence first appeared on the carpet in flawless make up, she did so in a sensible wool overcoat. Soon this was ditched to reveal her sequin embellished strapless Dior gown, which was perfectly pretty but minus the coat, somehow lacked edge.
Anne Hathaway also initially »
- Simon Chilvers
Similar News ItemsGeorge Clooney
- James Gandolfini Dead at 51 (From Variety - TV News. 19 June 2013, 4:27 PM, PDT)
- James Gandolfini Dead at 51 (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2013, 4:27 PM, PDT)
- Venice Film Festival Gears Up for a Starry 70th Anniversary (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- From Devil Wears Prada's Anne Hathaway to Despicable Me 2's Minions: See the Best Onscreen Assistants (From E! Online. 18 June 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Lotus Entertainment Lands Thriller Spec ‘Revelation’ (From Deadline New York. 17 June 2013, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg Produced Kennedy TV Doc 'Letters to Jackie' Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 17 June 2013, 4:17 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- Predict Who Will Win the 2013 Popsugar 100! (From Popsugar. 19 June 2013, 4:53 PM, PDT)
- Sam Taylor-Johnson To Direct ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Movie (From HollywoodLife. 19 June 2013, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Official 'Star Wars: Episode VII' character breakdowns released: Commence theorizing! (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 June 2013, 2:43 PM, PDT)