Simon Chilvers assesses the hits and misses on a rain sodden red carpet in London
As red carpet award seasons go, 2013's hasn't exactly been vintage. Long, safe and strapless – with the odd rogue halter-neck – does not make for a particularly exciting series of fashion parades.
Sadly, the Baftas' sartorial offerings didn't improve things that much. No one laid an egg, wore a Gap turtle neck or even thought to invite Cher. Instead, the rain sodden carpet featured many women dandering around with bare shoulders looking freezing.
One story on the carpet was surely the protocol of wearing a coat. As the impossibly good-looking Jennifer Lawrence first appeared on the carpet in flawless make up, she did so in a sensible wool overcoat. Soon this was ditched to reveal her sequin embellished strapless Dior gown, which was perfectly pretty but minus the coat, somehow lacked edge.
Anne Hathaway also initially »
- Simon Chilvers
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Dwayne Johnson tops Forbes’ list of highest-paid actors (From Flickeringmyth. 27 August 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- 11 Actresses Who’ve Called Out Hollywood on Sexism (Photos) (From The Wrap. 26 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Anthology Film Archives Announces ‘Woman With a Movie Camera: Female Film Directors Before 1950’ Program (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Terrorize This: "Team America World Police" (From MUBI. 28 August 2016, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Where Does Britney Spears' Carpool Karaoke Rank Among Other Pop Divas? (From E! Online. 26 August 2016, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Sarah Paulson in negotiations to join cast of Ocean’s Eight (From Flickeringmyth. 26 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- The Flash Rumors: Who Could The Scarlet Speedster Be Going Up Against In Standalone Film? (From LatinoReview. 30 August 2016, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Why Dark Knight Rises Ending Is Perfect According to Joseph Gordon-Levitt (From MovieWeb. 30 August 2016, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- 'Deathstroke Announced For Standalone Batman Film And Other Stories!' -- Los Fanboys Podcast: Episode 28 (From LatinoReview. 30 August 2016, 9:58 AM, PDT)