Nothing can stop Melissa McCarthy, not even one of the biggest blizzards in recent memory, as according to Film.com, McCarthy's new comedy "Identity Thief" pummeled the competition at the box office this weekend to the tune of $36.6 million.
That was more than enough to top the charts, as movie fans on the East Coast stayed home in droves thanks to superstorm Nemo; neither returning champ "Warm Bodies" ($11.5 million) or Channing Tatum's new thriller "Side Effects" ($10 million) were able convince people to brave the blizzard.
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsChanning Tatum
- Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Manage to Bring Even More Heat to NYC (From Popsugar. 21 July 2016, 9:50 PM, PDT)
- NBC Greenlights Reality Dance Competition Series from Jennifer Lopez (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2016, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- Ghostbusters: Ivan Reitman on the rumoured Channing Tatum movie (From Den of Geek. 18 July 2016, 10:16 PM, PDT)
- Why was Ghostbusters so unfunny? (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)
- Mattel Reports ‘Ghostbusters’ Toy Sales Have ‘Exceeded Expectations’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2016, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Leslie Jones Gives First Interview Since Racist Twitter Trolls Brought Her to Tears: 'I'm Used to the Insults' (From PEOPLE.com. 22 July 2016, 9:20 AM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- 14 Sexy Photos of Mike Colter to Kick-Start Your New Superhero Crush (From Popsugar. 22 July 2016, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Mark Boal sues Us government over Bowe Bergdahl tapes (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2016, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hurt Locker’ Writer Mark Boal Sues to Stop Subpoena of Bowe Bergdahl ‘Serial’ Tapes (From The Wrap. 21 July 2016, 1:38 PM, PDT)