"Do you mind if my friend sits this one out? She's just dead."
The tremendous box office success of Skyfall reinvigorated the James Bond franchise after the lackluster performance of the previous film in the series, Quantum of Solace, but tonight's Double-0 MovieMovie is still far and away the most financially successful of the franchise, when adjusted for ticket price inflation. It was also a critical favorite at the time of its release and earned an Oscar for Best Visual Effects at the 1966 Academy Awards.
Thunderball finds 007 (Sean Connery) on a quest to recover two nuclear weapons stolen by the global terrorist organization Spectre — last seen in From Russia with Love — who threaten to blow up a major city in the U.S. or the U.K. unless Nato pays a ransom of £100 million in diamonds. Bond's investigation leads him to the Bahamas and the underwater fortress of Spectre's Number Two, »
- BrentJS Sprecher
Similar News ItemsQuantum of Solace (2008)
- Horror Highlights: Teen Wolf Pop! Vinyls, The Recall, Deep Shock, Tribeca Games Festival (From DailyDead. 30 March 2017, 7:17 AM, PDT)
- Salman and Katrina Shooting For Tiger Zinda Hai at Historic Golden Roof in Austria (From Bollyspice. 21 March 2017, 5:33 AM, PDT)
- Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote begins production (yes, really) (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Graham Greene’s last novel to get film adaptation by William Boyd (From ScreenDaily. 29 March 2017, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Paul Greengrass Tackling Eliot Ness Movie (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 27 March 2017, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- T2 Trainspotting (From Trailers from Hell. 19 March 2017, 11:37 AM, PDT)
From Russia with Love (1963)
- Horror Highlights: Funko’s Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Collectible, Hobgoblins on Splathouse Podcast, Reel Film Day, Bigfoot The Movie (From DailyDead. 20 February 2017, 6:35 AM, PST)
- Alamo Drafthouse, Kodak Partner on 35Mm Film Celebration (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 16 February 2017, 9:58 AM, PST)
- One Million Years B.C. (From Trailers from Hell. 4 February 2017, 12:37 PM, PST)