Disney’s charming short film up for an Oscar this year, Paperman, is a nostalgic return to the tradition of 2-D, hand-drawn animation that also embraces what modern 3-D animation technology has to offer.
The short is a little urban fairy tale about a man who attempts to capture the attention of the woman of his dreams with paper airplanes he launches from his skyscraper office to hers. It was made with new in-house software called Meander that enables a hybrid approach to animation, where characters and backgrounds are drawn over an initial digital layer.
To see that innovative new animation method in action, »
- Emily Rome
Similar News ItemsWreck-It Ralph (2012)
- Disney, Imax Extend Slate Deal Through 2019, Including ‘Star Wars’ Films (From Variety - Film News. 22 February 2017, 7:48 AM, PST)
- Some of Star Wars: The Last Jedi was shot in IMAX (From The Hollywood News. 22 February 2017, 6:54 AM, PST)
- IMAX and Disney extend slate deal including 'Star Wars 9', 'Indiana Jones 5' (From ScreenDaily. 22 February 2017, 6:48 AM, PST)
- ‘La La Land’: How the Sound Team Bridged Fantasy and Reality, And Made Oscar History (From Indiewire. 17 February 2017, 12:07 PM, PST)
- TV News Roundup: Starz and BBC to Produce Kenneth Lonergan’s ‘Howards End’ Adaptation Starring Hayley Atwell (From Variety - TV News. 15 February 2017, 2:12 PM, PST)
- ‘Tangled: The Series’ Gets Early Season 2 Renewal at Disney Channel (From Deadline TV. 15 February 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
Toy Story 2 (1999)
- Why Spaceballs is the Star Wars spoof we need (From Den of Geek. 14 February 2017, 12:20 PM, PST)
- Adorable Father-Daughter Singing Duo Sing On ‘Ellen’ (From ET Canada. 2 February 2017, 12:09 PM, PST)
- Efm: directorial debut from Pixar veteran gets sales deal (From ScreenDaily. 25 January 2017, 3:37 AM, PST)