Three months after the jaw-dropping announcement that Star Wars would be making a return to the big screen, Disney this week dropped another bombshell, revealing that a series of stand-alone movies focusing on core characters will also be produced.
It has been reported that Han Solo and Boba Fett are two of the characters most likely to get the solo movie treatment, which has led to widespread speculation about who could possibly fill Harrison Ford's shoes in the beloved role.
The proposed spin-off would take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and given that Ford was 35 when he first appeared as Han, it's safe to assume producers will be looking for an actor in their 20s or early 30s.
With that in mind, who would you like to see take on the role? Is Ryan Gosling too soft-edged to play everybody's favourite rugged space smuggler? »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Jar Jar Binks Pleads With Ron Howard For Han Solo Movie Role (From Screen Rant. 24 June 2017, 7:53 PM, PDT)
- Disney CEO Praises Han Solo Replacement Director Ron Howard (From Screen Rant. 24 June 2017, 6:15 PM, PDT)
- Mark Hamill Deems Jar Jar Tongue Candy as Goofiest ‘Star Wars’ Merchandise Ever Created (From The Wrap. 24 June 2017, 4:25 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Wonder Woman becomes highest-grossing live-action movie from a female director (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery showrunners tease a universe altering choice (From JoBlo. 23 June 2017, 5:12 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars 9 Story Will Keep Princess Leia's Soul Alive (From MovieWeb. 23 June 2017, 3:34 PM, PDT)
- Glenne Headly, Dick Tracy and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Star, Dies at 62 (From MovieWeb. 9 June 2017, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Glenne Headly, ‘Dick Tracy’ and ‘Mr. Holland’s Opus’ Star, Is Dead at 63 (From Indiewire. 9 June 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Frank Miller’s Sin City to be adapted into a TV Series (From HeyUGuys. 1 June 2017, 5:26 AM, PDT)