Three months after the jaw-dropping announcement that Star Wars would be making a return to the big screen, Disney this week dropped another bombshell, revealing that a series of stand-alone movies focusing on core characters will also be produced.
It has been reported that Han Solo and Boba Fett are two of the characters most likely to get the solo movie treatment, which has led to widespread speculation about who could possibly fill Harrison Ford's shoes in the beloved role.
The proposed spin-off would take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and given that Ford was 35 when he first appeared as Han, it's safe to assume producers will be looking for an actor in their 20s or early 30s.
With that in mind, who would you like to see take on the role? Is Ryan Gosling too soft-edged to play everybody's favourite rugged space smuggler? »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- J.J. Abrams Talks 'Star Wars 7' Inspiration and Lightsaber Battles (From MovieWeb. 28 November 2015, 3:58 PM, PST)
- Ava DuVernay Reacts to ‘Gods of Egypt’ Director’s Casting Apology (From The Wrap. 28 November 2015, 3:46 PM, PST)
- Mark Hamill Offers New ‘Force Awakens’ Hints: ‘There Are Lots of Surprises in This Movie’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 November 2015, 1:44 PM, PST)
- What a Link. What a Lovely Link (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2015, 5:03 PM, PST)
- Two new clips from ‘The Night Before’ (From Blogomatic3000. 27 November 2015, 9:04 AM, PST)
- Adam Sandler adds new celebrities to 'Chanukah Song' (From Hitfix. 26 November 2015, 4:32 AM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- The Week in Star Wars – New footage from The Force Awakens, major character returning for Episode VIII, J.J promises less lens flare and more (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 2:42 AM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams promises “more primitive, aggressive and rougher” lightsaber action in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 11:50 AM, PST)
- ‘Rey’s Adventure’ featurette for Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 5:05 AM, PST)