Super cool news for James Bond fans—Dame Shirley Bassey, known best for her Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever and Moonraker 007 theme songs, will be performing at The Oscars later this month as part of the 85th Annual Academy Awards' 50th anniversary tribute to the James Bond film franchise (according to Reuters).
Previously… The Top 5 James Bond Oscar Nominations That Weren't
Dame Shirely won't be alone at The Oscars this year—the February 24 ceremony will also feature Adele performing "Skyfall," the hit theme song from Bond's latest (and $1 billion-plus grossing) adventure, which is nominated in five categories (Best Original Song, Best Original Score, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Cinematography), is the first James Bond film to be nominated for a single Oscar since For Your Eyes Only in 1981. Yeah, ouch.
You can plan on hearing at least a few bars of "Goldfinger," but the details of Bassey's performance »
- Brett Warner
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Special Features - Dodging Bullets: Why Liam Neeson would have made a terrible 007 (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Height matters for women while choosing partner (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Wills-Kat 'perfect couple' when it comes to height (From RealBollywood. 11 March 2014, 12:47 AM, PDT)
- Attention Filmmakers: Here Are Sam Mendes' 25 Tips on How To Be a 'Happier Director' (From Indiewire. 13 March 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Watch Caleb Johnson perform Adele's 'Skyfall' for the 'American Idol' Xiii Top 11 (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 13 March 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- American Idol: Jena Irene, C.J. Harris and Alex Preston Stand Out from the Pack (From PEOPLE.com. 13 March 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- The Best Movie You Never Saw: Seraphim Falls (From JoBlo. 13 March 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Meet ‘300’ Hero Sullivan Stapleton; Is He Hollywood’s Next Leading Man? (From Deadline New York. 12 March 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Liam Neeson Reveals He Turned Down The Chance To Play James Bond (From The Playlist. 11 March 2014, 12:47 PM, PDT)