Big winter storms aren't just about the snowfall. They also create travel and work hazards, sometimes shutting down airports for an entire region. This tends to cause a lot of trouble for the entertainment industry, and this busy weekend is no exception. How could winter storm Nemo affect such events as the Grammy Awards and the BAFTAs?
The impact of Nemo on the biggest music awards of the year will probably be minimal. The Grammy Awards ceremony is, after all, held in Los Angeles. While there is a storm hitting southern California this weekend too, it's mostly just a little rain to make the red carpet uncomfortable.
In addition to this, all of the big performers and presenters scheduled for the Grammys have already gotten out of the Northeast. There may be a few nominees who don't make it, but otherwise things are good.
Britain's most important awards »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- "Instagram Rapture" — Celebrities Embarrassed by Fake Followers (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 3:15 PM, PST)
- Beyonce, Ed Sheeran and Iggy Azalea: The Year in Music 2014 (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 11:46 AM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian Loses 1.3 Million Followers in the Great Instagram Purge of 2014 (From PEOPLE.com. 19 December 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Cable Ratings: Colbert Report Ends on High Note, Covert Finale Ticks Up (From TVLine.com. 19 December 2014, 3:42 PM, PST)
- Amy Adams Gets One Direction Under the Mistletoe in Funny Saturday Night Live Promo—Did It Work?! Watch Now (From E! Online. 19 December 2014, 3:27 PM, PST)
- Five Burning Business Questions for the New Stephen Colbert (From Variety - TV News. 19 December 2014, 2:17 PM, PST)