Social media has become an added medium of coverage to all news genres, including sports, politics and entertainment. We’re bringing you a social media round-up of interesting and entertaining items making film headlines in the social sphere.
Imagine getting the chance to hold Daniel Day-Lewis’ potential Academy Award trophy, before he does? Well, it might not be the exact one, but it’ll still be an Oscar. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has sent one of its statues on a 21-day tour across the U.S, where fans can choose via Twitter where the little gold man will go in each city.
Fans are encouraged to tweet at @OscarRoadTrip with the hashtag #OscarRoadTrip, with their U.S. destination suggestions. In addition, the Twitter account is also posting road trip updates, photos and videos, before the 85th Academy Awards on Feb. 24.
Hit the jump to get the »
- Jeremy Singer
Similar News ItemsRon Howard (I)
- The 2013 Truffles – The HeyUGuys Movie Awards (From HeyUGuys. 20 December 2013, 6:40 AM, PST)
- Wedding Crashers Helmer to Direct Hugh Hefner Biopic (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2013, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Rush (From Disc Dish. 19 December 2013, 2:47 PM, PST)
- 25 Things We Learned From Martin Scorsese’s ‘Gangs of New York’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'Between Two Ferns' Holiday Special with Samuel L. Jackson & More (From FirstShowing.net. 18 December 2013, 11:34 AM, PST)
- 4 Tips for Winning Your Own Oscar (From Cinelinx. 16 December 2013, 9:33 PM, PST)