Tom Jolliffe on the male acting performances criminally overlooked by the Academy for Oscar recognition...
With the Oscars around the corner and awards season in full swing, now is a perfect opportunity to tearfully remember those performances that were completely overlooked by the Academy. Reasons can differ. Sometimes a year is bloated with exceptional performances and competition is high. Sometimes a film's impact doesn’t strike instantly and takes years before it finally clicks with audiences. There are certain film subjects that are Oscar catnip, and others which rub against the grain of what is fashionable amongst the voters. There are almost always head-scratching inclusions and exclusions. It’s hard to know which films of a year, and which performances will live long in the memory and which will fade away.
Here are a few actors I humbly believe gave performances good enough to warrant nominations (lead or supporting) for »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Jamie Dornan Brings Christian Grey's Smoldering Looks to Life (From BuzzSugar. 7 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- TheWrap Screening Series: ‘The Book Thief’ Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-Star Sophie Nelisse (From The Wrap. 6 December 2013, 9:11 PM, PST)
- Smug shots and selfies: the rise of internet self-obsession (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)
- Jeremy Irons joins Dev Patel in the biopic of Srinivasa Ramanuja: The Man Who Knew Infinity (From Bollyspice. 6 December 2013, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Screenwriter Evan Daugherty talks G.I. Joe 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 3:32 PM, PST)
- Jason Statham: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked (From Obsessed with Film. 6 December 2013, 5:26 AM, PST)
- The 2013 “Hey You Geeks!!” Holiday Shopping Guide (From SoundOnSight. 7 December 2013, 4:12 AM, PST)
- Alec Baldwin set to return as TV host in Jan (From RealBollywood. 7 December 2013, 1:39 AM, PST)
- The Braddies 2013: Peter Bradshaw nominates his films of the year (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 8:46 AM, PST)