Tom Jolliffe on the male acting performances criminally overlooked by the Academy for Oscar recognition...
With the Oscars around the corner and awards season in full swing, now is a perfect opportunity to tearfully remember those performances that were completely overlooked by the Academy. Reasons can differ. Sometimes a year is bloated with exceptional performances and competition is high. Sometimes a film's impact doesn’t strike instantly and takes years before it finally clicks with audiences. There are certain film subjects that are Oscar catnip, and others which rub against the grain of what is fashionable amongst the voters. There are almost always head-scratching inclusions and exclusions. It’s hard to know which films of a year, and which performances will live long in the memory and which will fade away.
Here are a few actors I humbly believe gave performances good enough to warrant nominations (lead or supporting) for »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Olivia Munn Talks Deliver Us From Evil, Mortdecai with Johnny Depp, and the Final Season of The Newsroom at WonderCon (From Collider.com. 19 April 2014, 10:04 PM, PDT)
- New Johnny Depp Transcendence Movie Delivered Great Drama,Action & Plotline (From OnTheFlix. 19 April 2014, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- Meme: Bryan Singer Claims Proof of Innocence, Jon Hamm Slams Bieber, “Parenthood” Coming Out Altered By Crew Reactions (From The Backlot. 19 April 2014, 9:06 PM, PDT)
- 10 big stars and their big movie mistakes (From Hitfix. 19 April 2014, 5:38 PM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Britain's Got Talent, Hostages (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 April 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx: 5 Awesome Performances And 5 That Sucked (From Obsessed with Film. 18 April 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- James Franco and other celebs who just can't stand criticism (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 April 2014, 1:56 PM, PDT)
- Victoria Beckham Wants to Have Dinner With Hillary Clinton (From Popsugar. 18 April 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Dan Savage, Andrew Sullivan Blast Nyt Jo Becker's Gay History Book: It's ‘Bullsh-t’ (From The Wrap. 17 April 2014, 12:48 PM, PDT)