Tom Jolliffe on the male acting performances criminally overlooked by the Academy for Oscar recognition...
With the Oscars around the corner and awards season in full swing, now is a perfect opportunity to tearfully remember those performances that were completely overlooked by the Academy. Reasons can differ. Sometimes a year is bloated with exceptional performances and competition is high. Sometimes a film's impact doesn’t strike instantly and takes years before it finally clicks with audiences. There are certain film subjects that are Oscar catnip, and others which rub against the grain of what is fashionable amongst the voters. There are almost always head-scratching inclusions and exclusions. It’s hard to know which films of a year, and which performances will live long in the memory and which will fade away.
Here are a few actors I humbly believe gave performances good enough to warrant nominations (lead or supporting) for »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: May 4 - May 10 (From Moviefone. 4 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- First Cut Of 'Child 44' Was 5 1/2 Hours Long, But Finished Movie Still Had Editing Problems (From The Playlist. 4 May 2015, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- What's New in Blu-ray and DVD releases this month? (May 2015) (From JoBlo. 3 May 2015, 4:03 PM, PDT)
- Lotus Entertainment to sell ‘Magic City’ (From ScreenDaily. 1 May 2015, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Pitt Former TV Co-Star Kallsen Dead at 48, Emmy Nominee Meadows dead at 95, Oscar nominee Mankiewicz dead at 93 (From Alt Film Guide. 30 April 2015, 9:25 PM, PDT)
- 8 Movie Plot Twists So Subtle You Totally Missed Them (From Obsessed with Film. 30 April 2015, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise is a hunted man in new Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation teaser (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 May 2015, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Ireland Baldwin Exits Rehab, Dyes Her Blonde Hair Dark Brown — See Her New Look! (From Us Weekly. 4 May 2015, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Ireland Baldwin Leaves Treatment Center, Dyes Her Hair—Get Details and See Photos of Her New Look (From E! Online. 3 May 2015, 11:54 AM, PDT)