With the unemployment rate hovering near 8 percent overall -- it's much higher for certain age and ethnic groups, and higher overall if you count in the underemployed and those who have stopped seeking work -- jobs are tops on the minds of many Americans.
Even those who are employed may find themselves with shrinking hours, paychecks and benefits or facing shaky prospects for the future.
At least for a few people, a new competitive reality-tv series could be the answer to their prayers, and for others, it may offer insights to improve their professional outlook.
On Friday, Feb. 8, CBS premieres "The Job," from executive producers Mark Burnett ("Survivor," "The Apprentice"), Michael Davies ("The Glee Project," "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?") and Jay Bienstock.
After "The Glee Project," a competition to find a new cast member for the hit Fox series, Davies wondered if there were other areas of life »
Similar News Items"Survivor" (2000)
- Survivor Meets The Hunger Games as 10 Strangers Vie for $1 Million on Stranded with a Million Dollars (From PEOPLE.com. 18 January 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- How to Identify the Four 'Peak Tom Hardy' Types (From Rolling Stone. 17 January 2017, 9:46 AM, PST)
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Could Be #1 Again On Mlk Weekend, But New Releases Show Little Promise (From Indiewire. 12 January 2017, 8:16 AM, PST)
"The Apprentice" (2004)
- NBC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 1/18/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 January 2017, 6:14 PM, PST)
- Talk of Trump Dominates TCA Press Tour (From Variety - TV News. 18 January 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Apprentice contestant announces lawsuit against Donald Trump – video (From The Guardian - TV News. 18 January 2017, 12:50 AM, PST)
Mark Burnett (II)
- Univision Developing Luis Miguel TV Series Despite Singer’s Deal With MGM (From Variety - TV News. 18 January 2017, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Natpe Briefs: Sinclair Launches Action Net, Mark Burnett Alums Set Banner (From Variety - TV News. 17 January 2017, 1:53 PM, PST)
- ‘Shark Tank,’ ‘Hard Knocks,’ ‘The Voice’ Win Reality Breakthrough Awards (From Variety - TV News. 17 January 2017, 11:53 AM, PST)