Rihanna is nominated for three Grammys and is also slated to perform a special number with Sting and Bruno Mars at this Sunday's Grammy Awards. Here are five things you may not know about this R&B superstar and fierce fashionista!
1. Born February 20, 1988 in St. Michael, Barbados -- her mom was an accountant and her dad worked as a warehouse supervisor.
Pics: They Dated?! Surprising Celebrity Hookups
2. After she arrived in the U.S. at age 16 to pursue a music career, she auditioned for Jay-z and hours later was signed to Def Jam Records.
3. Growing up her mother wouldn't let her wear makeup, so it's ironic that she later landed a contract as a Cover Girl spokesmodel.
Related: Rihanna Accompanies Chris Brown to Court
4. Is picky when it comes to eating and is said to dislike Mexican, Chinese, Japanese and Indian food. She also hates vegetables, but says she makes herself eat some of them to maintain »
Similar News ItemsBruno Mars
- 13 Reasons Leonard Nimoy Was Even More Amazing Than You Knew (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 February 2015, 1:41 PM, PST)
- Kanye West Apologizes To Beck, Bruno Mars (From Uinterview. 27 February 2015, 10:46 AM, PST)
- This Senior-Citizen Cover of "Uptown Funk" Is So Great, Even Bruno Mars Would Love It (From BuzzSugar. 27 February 2015, 10:34 AM, PST)
Cover Girl (1944)
- Sofia Vergara - Modern Family Beauty the Highest Paid TV Actresss (From National Ledger. 4 September 2014, 9:57 AM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Shares Butt-Naked Photo From Racy British GQ Photo Spread: Check Out the Sexy Shot! (From E! Online. 3 September 2014, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Sofía Vergara Has the Worst Hair Day in History! (From E! Online. 8 August 2014, 6:35 AM, PDT)