David Muir has the perfect home for his extended report on a story that has gripped the nation's attention.
It's actually his newest television "home": the ABC newsmagazine "20/20," which he's just started anchoring with Elizabeth Vargas as his predecessor Chris Cuomo moves to CNN. On Friday's (Feb. 8) edition, Muir -- who also continues to anchor the weekend editions of "ABC World News" -- covers the aftermath of the rescue of Ethan, the youngster kidnapped from a school bus in Midland City, Ala., and held captive in an underground bunker for nearly a week.
"I just got back last night, trying to beat the [East Coast winter] storm," Muir tells Zap2It upon returning from two days in Alabama "crashing" his "20/20" report. "I got home around midnight, got a couple hours' sleep, then was up this morning to break what was our 'Good Morning America' exclusive of the first pictures of Ethan since he was rescued. »
Similar News Items"Good Morning America" (1975)
- Christian Bale gets 'Good Morning America' flashback in 26-year-old clip (From Pop2it. 6 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Halloween, ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Deliver ‘Gma’ A Big November Sweep Win (From Deadline TV. 6 December 2013, 11:52 AM, PST)
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Tea Truck to Cruise NYC Streets (From Variety - TV News. 6 December 2013, 9:51 AM, PST)
- Spike Lee on Oldboy, America's violent history and the fine art of mouthing off (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 December 2013, 12:05 AM, PST)
- Josh Romney's car crash rescue tweet earns online backlash (From Pop2it. 30 November 2013, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Sarah Silverman: We Are Miracles Movie Review (From ShockYa. 25 November 2013, 2:02 AM, PST)
- Stuart Sucherman Steps Aside as Sucherman Consulting Group CEO (From The Wrap. 2 December 2013, 7:22 AM, PST)
- 'Carol Burnett: The Mark Twain Prize': Tina Fey brings the laughs, Tony Bennett brings the tears (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 24 November 2013, 11:23 AM, PST)
- Katie Couric: Falling Out of Favor at ABC News, Syndie Talker (From Variety - TV News. 22 November 2013, 2:13 PM, PST)