Chicago — Jenny McCarthy may have made a home in the Chicago suburbs, but the 40-year-old mom of a 10-year-old son hasn't lost her goofy, party girl-persona.
The former Playboy playmate and TV host says Hugh Hefner's 1970s-era "Playboy After Dark" is the inspiration her new weekly VH1 talk show, "The Jenny McCarthy Show," which debuts Friday night. She'll commute to New York to film the show from her home outside her native Chicago.
"In a perfect world the dream is to be as close as possible to my little boy so I can be the mom I want to be and to be the person on TV I want to be," McCarthy said in an interview this week with The Associated Press while she was preparing for her new weekly show.
After years of unproductive development deals McCarthy finally finds herself with her much-desired talk show. But she also »
Similar News Items"The Oprah Winfrey Show" (1986)
- Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Films Pins Down Rights to ‘The Invention of Wings’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 March 2014, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Harpo gets Kidd's Wings (From ScreenDaily. 11 March 2014, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- Oprah's Harpo Films to Adapt Book Club Selection ‘The Invention of Wings’ (From The Wrap. 11 March 2014, 11:53 AM, PDT)
Hugh M. Hefner
- Woodman's Muse (From CultureCatch. 8 March 2014, 5:34 AM, PST)
- 20 Feet From Stardom singer talks exposure (From ScreenDaily. 21 February 2014, 5:03 AM, PST)
- Melissa Joan Hart Confesses She Made Out With Ryan Reynolds, Tried Ecstasy in New Giuliana Rancic Interview (From E! Online. 17 February 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
Jenny McCarthy (I)
- Barbara Walters likes that 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo didn't say 'I love you' (From Pop2it. 11 March 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Rita Ora Chops Off Her Hair -- See the Short New 'Do! (From TooFab. 25 February 2014)
- Buzzmakers: CeeLo Exits & Ellen Page Comes Out (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 February 2014, 7:25 AM, PST)