Feature James Clayton Feb 8, 2013
As Wreck-It Ralph invokes videogame nostalgia, James looks at how movies tell compelling stories by delving into a rose-tinted past...
Nostalgia is a powerful drug. It ensnares your senses, alters your mind and makes you act in an irrational or outof-the-ordinary fashion. It is addictive and will consume your entire being once its insidious grip has taken hold.
Your desperate need for a constant fix that’ll dull the pain of immediate reality will soon have you financially depleted, increasingly antisocial and possibly physically and mentally impaired. Narcotic thrills have nasty side effects, kids, so don’t grow up to be a chronic-nostalgic.
As someone who’s dabbled in nostalgia, I’m very aware of how dangerous it can be. One moment you’re going about regular business and everything is reasonable and ‘normal’, and the next minute you find that you’ve got Star Wars »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Hear Ron Howard Narrate ‘Star Wars’ With His ‘Arrested Development’ Voice (Video) (From The Wrap. 25 July 2017, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- Dad of 4-Year-Old Who Burst Into Tears as Stepmom Read Him Wedding Vows Speaks Out: 'I Was Trying Not to Lose It' (From PEOPLE.com. 25 July 2017, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Fox Teams With Russo Brothers in Finance-Distribution Movie Deal (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2017, 12:47 PM, PDT)
Alice in Wonderland (2010/I)
- 'Once Upon a Time' Drops First Two Scenes From Season 7 Premiere at Comic-Con -- Watch! (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 July 2017, 12:29 PM, PDT)
- The 2018 Pirelli Calendar Gathers All-Black Cast For ‘Alice In Wonderland’-Themed Shoot Featuring RuPaul, Whoopi Goldberg And More (From ET Canada. 20 July 2017, 6:57 AM, PDT)
- On the other hand, I don't have any questions at all about the Cars universe (From Den of Geek. 19 July 2017, 11:10 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- First trailer for Locarno premiere 'Iceman' (From ScreenDaily. 25 July 2017, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ and the 70mm Experience: Why The Unlikely Comeback of the Big-Screen Format Has Hollywood’s Attention (From Indiewire. 20 July 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Quentin Tarantino’s Manson Murders Project Would Be a Radical Change of Pace (From Indiewire. 12 July 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)