Parker tells ABC News that MacLaine chose being a movie star over being a mother.
"She was very absent. I was very lonely -- very lonely. Definitely. And I still struggle with abandonment issues and loneliness," says Parker.
MacLaine said in a 1990 interview, "I saw my mother suppress her own creativity. I wasn't going to let that happen to me. First of all, children pick up on that and they feel guilty about ... having been responsible for your not realizing your creativity, so that was not going to happen. »
Similar News ItemsABC News [us]
- Fusion To Provide Streaming-Video Coverage of Lollapalooza (From Variety - TV News. 1 August 2014, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- John Stamos to Armor Up for ABC's ‘Galavant’ (From The Wrap. 31 July 2014, 5:36 PM, PDT)
- ‘Galavant': John Stamos to Guest Star on ABC Musical Comedy (From Variety - TV News. 31 July 2014, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Turner Classic Movies Garner Tribute Next Monday (From Alt Film Guide. 25 July 2014, 4:21 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Episode Analysis: Can Maggie Smith ('Downton Abbey') pull off a hat trick? (From Gold Derby. 25 July 2014, 8:24 AM, PDT)
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated) (From EW.com - Inside TV. 23 July 2014, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- From 'Traitor' to Screen Legend: Fonda Still Busy on the Big Screen (From Alt Film Guide. 1 August 2014, 10:21 PM, PDT)
- TCM Offers Controversial (and Legendary) Actress Fonda Film Marathon Today (From Alt Film Guide. 1 August 2014, 7:21 PM, PDT)
- Dick Smith, 'Exorcist' and 'Godfather' Makeup Artist, Dead at 92 (From Rolling Stone. 31 July 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)