Parker tells ABC News that MacLaine chose being a movie star over being a mother.
"She was very absent. I was very lonely -- very lonely. Definitely. And I still struggle with abandonment issues and loneliness," says Parker.
MacLaine said in a 1990 interview, "I saw my mother suppress her own creativity. I wasn't going to let that happen to me. First of all, children pick up on that and they feel guilty about ... having been responsible for your not realizing your creativity, so that was not going to happen. »
Similar News ItemsABC News [us]
- Is The Flash's Ronnie Doomed? Which Superhero Finale Was Best? Hypocrisy on Bachelorette? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 22 May 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Univision Buys The Root from Graham Holdings’ Slate Group (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2015, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Girl Who Missed Prom Due to Kidney Complications Gets the Ultimate Dance Party From Her Big Brother (From E! Online. 20 May 2015, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: Remakes on the Table at Network Talk (From Variety - Film News. 16 May 2015, 5:26 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: 'Elsa & Fred' (From CineVue. 12 May 2015, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Jenny Powell wants to appear on Strictly Come Dancing (From Virgin Media - TV. 11 May 2015, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Sony Movie Channel Airs Military Movie Marathon for Memorial Day (From ChannelGuideMag. 23 May 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- The Top Ten Most Stressed-Out Characters in Movie History (From The Hollywood Interview. 19 May 2015, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: Stone (Thrillingly) Assassinates Truth While Investigating Kennedy Assassination (From Alt Film Guide. 14 May 2015, 6:22 PM, PDT)