Parker tells ABC News that MacLaine chose being a movie star over being a mother.
"She was very absent. I was very lonely -- very lonely. Definitely. And I still struggle with abandonment issues and loneliness," says Parker.
MacLaine said in a 1990 interview, "I saw my mother suppress her own creativity. I wasn't going to let that happen to me. First of all, children pick up on that and they feel guilty about ... having been responsible for your not realizing your creativity, so that was not going to happen. »
Similar News ItemsABC News [us]
- ‘Let It Fall: Los Angeles 1982-1992’ Trailer: John Ridley’s New Documentary Explores the L.A. Riots (From Indiewire. 28 March 2017, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- ‘Let It Fall: Los Angeles 1982-1992’ Trailer: John Ridley’s New Documentary Explores the L.A. Riots (From Indiewire Television. 28 March 2017, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- Iowa Fire Department Welcomes 6 Babies in 7 Months: ‘The Stars Just Kind of Aligned’ (From PEOPLE.com. 28 March 2017, 1:37 PM, PDT)
- Is Live-Action Little Mermaid Too Sexual for Young Viewers? (See Trailer) (From TheImproper.com. 27 March 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Wilson’ Flops for Fox Searchlight as ‘T2 Trainspotting’ Holds Strong (From Indiewire. 26 March 2017, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Links: New Musicals, Life Tips, Netflix vs Hollywood (From FilmExperience. 25 March 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- 25 films all but guaranteed to cheer you up (From Den of Geek. 9 March 2017, 11:51 AM, PST)
- Oscars: What Should Have Won – JFK for Best Picture over The Silence of the Lambs (From Flickeringmyth. 10 February 2017, 1:40 AM, PST)
- SAG-AFTRA Offers Members Residuals Through Direct Deposit (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2017, 7:37 AM, PST)