If Thor’s hammer is indeed made of a star, like the Marvel comic book says, it would weigh as much as 300 billion elephants. Assuming the average weight of an elephant, this equates to approximately 4.5 quadrillion pounds, according to a Slate report (we’ll trust their math).
Tyson even posted a photo of himself holding the hammer, to provide some proof of the accuracy of his report. He is one of pop culture’s favorite scientists, »
- Amanda Taylor
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- 'Avengers 2': Joss Whedon Compares Ultron to Frankenstein (From MovieWeb. 22 December 2014, 9:36 AM, PST)
- Which Star Dominated Social Media This Year? (From Popsugar. 20 December 2014, 1:09 PM, PST)
- Robert Duvall, Alejandro González Iñárritu to Be Honored at Palm Springs International Film Festival (From Manny the Movie Guy. 19 December 2014, 2:17 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- New Trailer for Ron Howard's 'In the Heart of the Sea' Is Now Online (From LatinoReview. 22 December 2014, 10:46 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Spider-Man, Civil War, Ant-Man, Daredevil, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Wolverine and more (From Flickeringmyth. 20 December 2014, 2:45 AM, PST)
- Marvel President Wanted To Burn The Amazing Spider-man 2's Script After Reading It (From ComicBookMovie. 19 December 2014, 4:30 PM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- Two TV spots for Mortdecai starring Johnny Depp (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 8:34 AM, PST)
- 'Avengers 2' Toy Photos Offer a Better Look at Hulkbuster (From MovieWeb. 20 December 2014, 4:39 PM, PST)
- Bill Murray will sing as Baloo the Bear in The Jungle Book (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 December 2014, 10:01 AM, PST)