Peter Gilmore has died, aged 81.
The British actor was best known for his starring role in the BBC series The Onedin Line, which ran for 10 years from 1971.
[Peter Gilmore with Marianne Faithfull in 1975]
He passed away after a long illness at a London hospice.
Gilmore was born in Germany in 1931, before moving to the UK at the age of 6.
He was described as "a gentle man and a gentleman" by his Onedin Line co-star Jessica Benton.
She said: "The Onedin Line was a very happy, long-running series to be involved in and that was all credit to Peter because he made it so. We all became very close friends over the years and had a lot of fun. We sorely miss him."
Gilmore's agent Primie Carey said: "On behalf of his wife Anne and Peter's family I would like to thank those who have sent their kind thoughts and condolences."
[Peter Gilmore with Anne Stallybrass in 1996]
Having starred in the TV series »
Similar News Items"Sherlock" (2010)
- Mission: Impossible 6 production shut down for 9 weeks as Tom Cruise breaks ankle (From Flickeringmyth. 16 August 2017, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- New Images From Martin Freeman’s Indie Zombie Thriller Cargo Surface Online (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat Says Doctor Who Is A Role For Life (From We Got This Covered. 15 August 2017, 4:16 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Peter Capaldi Hints At His Next Job After Doctor Who (From We Got This Covered. 18 August 2017, 1:35 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Saoirse Ronan in Mary, Queen of Scots (From MovieWeb. 17 August 2017, 10:55 AM, PDT)
- Mary, Queen Of Scots First Look Photo From Film Starring Saoirse Ronan And Margot Robbie (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 August 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Bridget Jones' Diary Actor Rescued Three Days After Falling from Thai Waterfall: 'I Am Lucky to Be Alive' (From PEOPLE.com. 20 July 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cast: Where You’ve Seen Christopher Nolan’s Ensemble Before (From Indiewire. 19 July 2017, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- Highest paid actors at the BBC revealed (From ScreenDaily. 19 July 2017, 6:05 AM, PDT)