Classic Clicks: Remembering those long forgotten viral videos
In 2007 Cadbury Schweppes (A British confectionery company) launched a campaign to promote its Dairy Milk chocolate. While the focus of the brand was already on joy and pleasure with its tagline: “A glass and a half full of joy,” it was considered necessary to take this a step further to make their communication as effortlessly enjoyable as eating the product. The result — A gorilla playing the drums to the Phil Collins song “In the Air Tonight” of course.
The campaign was a success with over 500,000 views on YouTube in its first week alone, and gave way to a large number of parodies and spoofs. And, as it turns out this was not the first time Phil collaborated with a gorilla. The singer composed the soundtrack to the 1999 Disney’s Tarzan winning an Oscar for "You'll be in My Heart."
Next Showing: »
- reelz staff
Similar News ItemsPhil Collins (I)
- On this day in pop culture history: ‘Batman Forever’ introduced batnipples (From Hitfix. 16 June 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Arrow Season 4 Episode 21 Review – ‘Monument Point’ (From Flickeringmyth. 12 May 2016, 3:35 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Dana Carvey’s Church Lady Returns to ‘SNL’ to Chat With Donald Trump, Ted Cruz (From Variety - TV News. 8 May 2016, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Legend of Tarzan’ Review Roundup: Critics Split Over Alexander Skarsgård and Margot Robbie’s Classic Epic (From Indiewire. 30 June 2016, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Legend of Tarzan Review: Swing Past This Remake (From MovieWeb. 30 June 2016, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- The Legend Of Tarzan Review (From We Got This Covered. 29 June 2016, 4:59 PM, PDT)