And the Oscar mud-slinging heats up!
According to Rep. Joe Courtney, who watched "Lincoln," over the weekend (what took him so long?), the beloved film was inaccurate!
Why? There's a scene in which two Connecticut congressmen vote against the 13th amendment to the Constitution, thereby outlawing slavery, which made Courtney scratched his head and say "Wow...Connecticut voted against abolishing slavery?" (via Huffington Post)
So the esteemed Congressman researched and voila, he was right! Based on his research and the investigation by the Congressional Research Service that followed, all four Connecticut congressmen backed the amendment in a January 1865 vote.
Now, Courtney, who adores Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of our beloved 16th President, wants DreamWorks to correct the inaccuracies for the DVD release.
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Q&A: James Wan, director of The Conjuring (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 2:15 PM, PST)
- Disney reaches deal with Paramount for Indiana Jones rights, clears the way for future movies (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 2:14 PM, PST)
- What the Future of Indiana Jones Could Look Like at Disney (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2013, 5:30 PM, PST)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- The Week in Spandex - The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Batman vs. Superman vs. Wonder Woman, X-Men: Apocalypse, Wolverine, The Incredible Hulk and more (From Flickeringmyth. 8 December 2013, 2:16 PM, PST)
- Big Bad Wolves – review | Mark Kermode (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 December 2013, 4:02 PM, PST)
- This Week in Superhero Movies: It's all about universe-building (From Hitfix. 7 December 2013, 2:17 PM, PST)
- '12 Years a Slave' sweeps Boston Critics' and N.Y. Online Critics' Awards (From Gold Derby. 8 December 2013, 4:43 PM, PST)
- Critical Mass: Christian Bale revels in the shadows in 'Out of the Furnace' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 6 December 2013, 1:29 PM, PST)
- The Braddies 2013: Peter Bradshaw nominates his films of the year (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 8:46 AM, PST)