And the Oscar mud-slinging heats up!
According to Rep. Joe Courtney, who watched "Lincoln," over the weekend (what took him so long?), the beloved film was inaccurate!
Why? There's a scene in which two Connecticut congressmen vote against the 13th amendment to the Constitution, thereby outlawing slavery, which made Courtney scratched his head and say "Wow...Connecticut voted against abolishing slavery?" (via Huffington Post)
So the esteemed Congressman researched and voila, he was right! Based on his research and the investigation by the Congressional Research Service that followed, all four Connecticut congressmen backed the amendment in a January 1865 vote.
Now, Courtney, who adores Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal of our beloved 16th President, wants DreamWorks to correct the inaccuracies for the DVD release.
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- The Hollywood Booze Episode #59: Hungover (From The Hollywood News. 23 May 2013, 2:17 PM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013: Frog, duck meat served to Vidya at lunch (From Bollywood Mantra. 23 May 2013, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Rumor Mill: “Jurassic Park 4″ And “Poltergeist” Remake (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 23 May 2013, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Carolina Guerra: International Star You Should Know (From Variety - Film News. 22 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Paul Walker talks about growing up with the 'Fast and the Furious' franchise (From Hitfix. 20 May 2013, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Kate Bosworth Dishes on Her Culinary Specialty (From PEOPLE.com. 19 May 2013, 8:55 AM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 23 May 2013, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- New Captain America: The Winter Soldier set photos show a bloodied Nick Fury (From Flickeringmyth. 23 May 2013, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- DVD Release: The Mindy Project Season 1 (From Disc Dish. 23 May 2013, 8:16 AM, PDT)