John Mayer insists he is a changed man these days.
In a new interview for "CBS Sunday Morning," excerpts of which were released by the network on Thursday, the singer said he isn't the same guy who once called Jessica Simpson (his ex-girlfriend) "sexual napalm."
"I was just a jerk," he told interviewer Anthony Mason.
"It's very liberating when you finally realize it's impossible to make everyone like you," he added.
John suggested his attitude came from a need to be accepted.
"I wanted everybody to like me. I thought I was one shuck and ...
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (AccessHollywood.com Editorial Staff)
Similar News ItemsJessica Simpson (I)
- Ashlee Simpson and Hubby Evan Ross Welcome Baby Girl (From TooFab. 31 July 2015, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Ashlee Simpson Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Girl With Evan Ross (From Us Weekly. 31 July 2015, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Simpson's Kids Rock Sweet Swimwear, the Most Perfect Blonde Beach Curls: See the Photo! (From Us Weekly. 31 July 2015, 3:11 AM, PDT)
John Mayer (VII)
- Katy Perry Performs for the First Time After Her Split With John Mayer and Meets George W. Bush and Bill Clinton (From E! Online. 27 July 2015, 5:21 AM, PDT)
- Katy Perry splits from John Mayer again? (From National Ledger. 24 July 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- Katy Perry and John Mayer Break Up (Again): See Their Relationship as Told by ''Hot & Cold'' Lyrics (From E! Online. 23 July 2015, 5:54 PM, PDT)
Anthony Mason (V)
- 7 Things We Learned About Mad Men From Matthew Weiner’s Talk at the Museum of the Moving Image (From Vulture. 21 March 2015, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- Anthony Mason, Retired NBA Player and Knicks Star, Dies at 48 (From PEOPLE.com. 28 February 2015, 8:50 AM, PST)
- Anthony Mason, Former New York Knicks Player, Dies at 48 (From Variety - TV News. 28 February 2015, 7:59 AM, PST)