Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
The big story
He's small. He's green. He's handy with a light sabre, but terrible at sentence structure. Now it seems that Yoda, Star Wars' diminutive Jedi master, will soon be promoted from supporting character to star of his own movie.
Following news that a new trilogy of Star Wars films are on the way, reports have emerged that Disney is planning more ways to wring the cash cow (cash Tauntaun?) with several other spin-off titles being considered. Yoda is the first established character to get his own movie – but, according to Entertainment Weekly, Han Solo and Boba Fett could be next in line.
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Today in Movie Culture: Honest 'Aladdin' Trailer, Make Your Own 'Star Wars' Kylo Ren Costume and More (From Movies.com. 6 October 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Guess How Much Carrie Fisher's 'Slave Leia' Costume Sold For at Auction (From Movies.com. 6 October 2015, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Bits: See Rian Johnson’s Script, Force Awakens Trailer, Benicio del Toro, Paul Shipper and More (From Slash Film. 6 October 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Lily-Rose Depp Stuns at Paris Fashion Week With Her Look-Alike Mom (From Popsugar. 6 October 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Lily-Rose Depp Is a Dead Ringer for Her Mom at Chanel's Paris Fashion Week Show (From TooFab. 6 October 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Twin Peaks Revival Adds Peter Sarsgaard in Recurring Role (From TVovermind.com. 6 October 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Jon Snow (a.k.a. James Franco) Plans a Game of Thrones Wedding, Hilarity Ensues (From E! Online. 6 October 2015, 6:37 PM, PDT)
- James Franco, Lenny Kravitz Joke About Rocker’s Junk in New Guitar Hero Ad (Video) (From The Wrap. 6 October 2015, 6:36 PM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx to Voice Lead Character in New CGI Animated Film Scripted by 'Real Husbands of Hollywood' Writer (From ShadowAndAct. 5 October 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)