Well, almost. Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts announced today that she’ll return to the ABC program on Feb. 20 — coincidentally enough, five months to the day since her bone marrow transplant.
Roberts took a medical leave of absence from Gma late last summer to treat her myelodysplastic syndrome (or Mds), a rare blood disorder. She underwent a bone marrow transplant on Sept. 20, was released from the hospital Oct. 10, and — after one more hospital stay in November — began preparing for her return to the morning program with a series of “dry runs” last month.
“I’m excited »
- Hillary Busis
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Popsugar Shout Out: Wisdom For 20-Somethings (From Popsugar. 22 April 2014, 11:59 PM, PDT)
- Popsugar Shout Out: Wisdom For 20-Somethings (From BuzzSugar. 22 April 2014, 11:59 PM, PDT)
- Good TV Ratings Bring Back Oscar Producers for Third Consecutive Year (From Alt Film Guide. 22 April 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- Uma Thurman Calls Off Her Engagement For the Second Time (From Popsugar. 22 April 2014, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski to cover the Kentucky Derby for NBC (From EW.com - Inside TV. 22 April 2014, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- Everyone Relax, Jennifer Lawrence Is Back (From Popsugar. 21 April 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- New Photos From Denzel Washington's The Equalizer Thriller (From Worst Previews. 22 April 2014, 7:03 PM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington and Chloe Grace Moretz in new stills from The Equalizer (From Flickeringmyth. 22 April 2014, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- Denzel Washington Gets Ready To Kick Some Ass In New Gallery Of 'Equalizer' Stills (From Cinema Blend. 22 April 2014, 2:13 PM, PDT)