Feature Ryan Lambie Feb 7, 2013
As well as providing extra information about a film's production, DVD booklets were a great extra for film fans, Ryan argues...
In early January, several pieces of news appeared to signal the beginning of the end for physical media. First, there was the announcement that more than £1bn had been spent on digital goods - movies, games, books - in 2012. At the same time, the sales of physical stuff, whether on disc or printed on bits of paper, had plummeted by an estimated 17.6 per cent.
These statistics coincided with the news that two of the UK's major entertainment outlets - HMV and Blockbuster - were going into administration, putting thousands of jobs at risk and leaving gaping holes in highs streets up and down the country. When it comes to the consumption of entertainment, it seems, we're voting with our wallets - gradually, more and more »
Similar News ItemsDavid Cronenberg
- Film Festival Roundup: Hamptons Announces Signature Programs, Raindance Unveils Slate And More (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Don't call it a reboot: how 'remake' became a dirty word in Hollywood (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 August 2016, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- Director Steve McQueen to Receive British Film Institute’s Fellowship (From Variety - Film News. 24 August 2016, 1:56 AM, PDT)
Fight Club (1999)
- Frank Ocean’s 100 Favorite Films: ‘Blue Velvet,’ ‘Solaris,’ ‘Annie Hall’ and 97 More (From Indiewire. 23 August 2016, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Frank Ocean Shares His Favorite Films, Including Tarkovsky, PTA, Kurosawa, Lynch, Kubrick & More (From The Film Stage. 23 August 2016, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- What Are Twitter Users’ #7favfilms? (From TVovermind.com. 20 August 2016, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- Survivor: Chuck Palahniuk novel heading to TV (From Den of Geek. 27 June 2016, 1:10 AM, PDT)
- Three Screenwriting Techniques Gillian Flynn Used to Increase the Tension of ‘Gone Girl’ (From The Film Stage. 9 June 2016, 6:43 AM, PDT)
- Chuck Paluhniuk’s ‘Lullaby’ Movie Reaches $250,000 Kickstarter Goal (From Variety - Film News. 4 June 2016, 1:09 PM, PDT)