Dillon appeared in the 2004 film alongside a star-studded cast including Sandra Bullock, Brendan Fraser, Don Cheadle and Thandie Newton, and the movie went on to win three Academy Awards, including the coveted Best Picture prize.
But Dillon claims he wasn't properly paid for his role in the film, which grossed around $98 million (£65 million) worldwide, and only found out when his accountants discovered an inaccuracy during a 2006 audit of his company's finances.
Dillon's attorneys filed a lawsuit at Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, claiming the star is owed at least $100,000 (£63,000), according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Crash has been at the centre of several lawsuits overs the last few years - Yari filed suit against executives at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences shortly before the 2005 Oscars, claiming he had been unfairly denied a producer credit on the film.
Similar News ItemsSandra Bullock
- Kendall Jenner’s See-through Top Leaves Photographers Seeing Stars (From PEOPLE.com. 21 January 2017, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Anne Hathaway Joins Rebel Wilson in 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' Remake (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 January 2017, 8:00 PM, PST)
- Olivia Munn Sports Sexy Gown for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo in NYC as Aaron Rodgers' Family Feud Goes Public (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 January 2017, 5:20 PM, PST)
- 'Transparent' Star Recalls Her Extremely Uncomfortable Red-Carpet Encounter With Don Cheadle (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 January 2017, 9:30 AM, PST)
- The Golden Girls: Classic Comedy Coming to Hulu Ahead of Valentine's Day (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 January 2017, 2:59 PM, PST)
- Craig Ferguson Takes On Abba’s ‘Take A Chance On Me’ On ‘Lip Sync Battle’ (From ET Canada. 16 January 2017, 12:06 PM, PST)
- The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature gets a first trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 18 January 2017, 9:55 AM, PST)
- 24 Movies That Are Turning 20 Years Old This Year (From BuzzSugar. 9 January 2017, 12:50 PM, PST)
- The People vs. Fritz Bauer (From Trailers from Hell. 3 January 2017, 10:13 AM, PST)