Sbs One has teamed up with Australian musician Nick Cave and his band The Bad Seeds to create a new promo for its 9.30pm Saturday film timeslot, presented by film journalist and ex-Encore editor Sandy George who recently joined the network.
Sbs creative director Noel Davis told Encore that movies had been neglected on Sbs One for some time.
“We wanted to create something more than a movie montage and I wanted to get the message across that we have put a renewed focus on film,” he said.
“I also wanted to use a Nick Cave song, and we were delighted when he agreed to it. It’s from his upcoming album and it’s called Jubilee Road. He and The Bad Seeds have gotten back together, and that’s a metaphor for us again showing more movies.”
The network has licensed the song for two months while it airs in cinemas and on Sbs. »
Similar News ItemsNick Cave (I)
- Watch: First 2 Clips From Venice/Tiff Drama 'Far From Men' Starring Viggo Mortensen (From The Playlist. 29 August 2014, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- Nick Cave Really Wants to Score a Horror Film (From Slash Film. 26 August 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- 27 Must-See Art Exhibits Opening This Fall (From Vulture. 26 August 2014, 12:20 PM, PDT)
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- Jonathan Glazer On ‘Under the Skin,’ Kubrick’s Influence and How the Easiest Part of It Was Getting the Money (From FilmSchoolRejects. 3 April 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Bonnaroo 2014 Lineup Revealed: Kanye West, Elton John & More (From HollywoodLife. 20 February 2014, 5:07 AM, PST)
- Bonnaroo 2014 Lineup: Elton John, Kanye West, Jack White To Headline (From Uinterview. 19 February 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)