Smash has done it again (no, not in the ratings, let’s forget about those for a minute) —we’re talking about using songs that sound pretty familiar — mainly because they’ve been on a different musical TV show, Glee, as recently as the current season.
During its two-hour premiere Tuesday night, Ivy (Megan Hilty) covered Crowded House’s 1986 hit “Don’t Dream It’s Over” as a faraway-look-in-her-eye ballad of resilience. Except that Glee already covered the song, as a cheer-us-up chorus of resilience — and beanies.
- Adam Carlson
Similar News Items"Glee" (2009)
- Lea Michele admits yoga helped her get over Cory Monteith's death (From RealBollywood. 10 March 2014, 5:10 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for The Normal Heart, with Mark Ruffalo and Julia Roberts (From Worst Previews. 10 March 2014, 1:21 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Batman vs. Superman, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, Watchmen, Gotham, Arrow, The Flash and more (From Flickeringmyth. 9 March 2014, 11:56 PM, PDT)
Jennifer Hudson (I)
- Saturday Night Takeaway catches up but The Voice still tops ratings (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 March 2014, 4:17 AM, PDT)
- Where Do Most Runners-up on Reality Talent Shows End Up? (From Vulture. 7 March 2014, 2:05 PM, PST)
- Best Looks of the Week: Amber Heard's Wrap Dress, Elle Fanning's Darling Miu Miu Outfit & More! (From E! Online. 7 March 2014, 11:51 AM, PST)
- CW’s ‘Flash’, CBS’ ‘Red Zone’ & ABC’s Richard Lagravenese Add To Casts (From Deadline TV. 7 March 2014, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Krysta Rodriguez Joins 'How I Met Your Dad' Cast (From Uinterview. 6 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- 'On the Town' revival to open on Broadway in October; 'King Kong' delayed (From EW.com - PopWatch. 6 March 2014, 10:35 AM, PST)