If someone asks 'Who would win in a fight between James Bond and Batman?,' you may want to bet on Bond. The latest James Bond film, "Skyfall," has officially topped trilogy-closing "The Dark Knight Rises" at the worldwide box office.
After recently opening in China, "Skyfall" saw its global grosses rise to $1.094 billion. That's already ahead of "Dark Knight Rises'" $1.081 billion, and Bond still has a little gas left in its tank.
"Avatar" remains the all-time global gross leader with $2.782 billion, followed by "Titanic," "The Avengers," "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," and "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King."
Making the 2D-only "Skyfall" performance even more impressive, all of those films were originally released in 3D except "Lord of the Rings" and "Titanic" (which had a recent 3D re-release to boost its already impressive tally).
Batman still has the edge in the U. »
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Tom Hardy Just Gets Better With Age (From Popsugar. 15 September 2017, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- 20 Interesting Dark Knight Trilogy facts (From TVovermind.com. 15 September 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Director Rian Johnson Reveals That Joseph Gordon-Levitt Is In The Movie (From ComicBookMovie. 11 September 2017, 7:59 AM, PDT)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011)
- Transformers: The Last Knight passes $600 million at the global box office (From Flickeringmyth. 21 August 2017, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- Transformers: The Last Knight Seeks the Allspark at Home (From Comicmix. 15 August 2017, 5:43 PM, PDT)
- Transformers 5 Blu-Ray and DVD Release Date, Details Announced (From MovieWeb. 14 August 2017, 12:59 PM, PDT)
Quantum of Solace (2008)
- Action/Comedy Gun SHy hits Disc November 7 (From Comicmix. 13 September 2017, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Rumored James Bond 25 Plot Has Folks Comparing It To Taken (From We Got This Covered. 5 September 2017, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- James Bond 25 Story Leaks, Is 007 Really Getting Married? (From MovieWeb. 5 September 2017, 6:48 AM, PDT)