Kim Kardashian landed herself in hot water when she uploaded a photo of a handgun, weeks after signing a pledge to end gun violence in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Kardashian posted the photo of a diamond-encrusted handgun onto her Instagram page on Saturday, according to The Sun. The gun was reportedly a .22-caliber revolver with a bejeweled handle.
Although the reality star quickly removed the photo from her Instagram, various news outlets captured a screen grab of the gun, according to ABC News.
"You have too much influence to be this blind and ignorant. Innocent children & people still die even if the gun is pretty,” responded one of her followers, according to ABC. "When everyone is debating gun control, this is what you post – as if it’s just a fun accessory?" tweeted another.
In January, Kardashian tweeted her support for gun control after 26 people were massacred, »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News ItemsKim Kardashian
- Kim Kardashian Makes Fans' Lucky Day At Kanye West Concert! (From TooFab. 7 December 2013)
- Kim K pays tribute to Mandela, later tweets Keek video (From RealBollywood. 7 December 2013, 1:34 AM, PST)
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Create Kim Kardashian and Kanye West-Inspired Christmas Card—Take a Look! (From E! Online. 6 December 2013, 8:15 PM, PST)
ABC News [us]
- Sound of Music Live!: Von Trapp Family Wanted Anne Hathaway Over Carrie Underwood (From E! Online. 6 December 2013, 9:23 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Hudson talks about playing Winnie Mandela (From RealBollywood. 5 December 2013, 9:35 PM, PST)
- Bruce Lee's 'iconic' yellow jumpsuit sold for $100k at Hong Kong auction (From RealBollywood. 5 December 2013, 9:34 PM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian Tweets: Nelson Mandela Is A ‘Guiding Light’ (From HollywoodLife. 6 December 2013, 8:12 AM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian And Lindsay Lohan Are Speaking Again (From TheFabLife - Movies. 6 December 2013, 8:09 AM, PST)
- Kris Jenner denies taking drugs (From RealBollywood. 6 December 2013, 4:28 AM, PST)