It was the casting game that everyone was talking about, and Sam Claflin was the victor. During a break from a busy shooting schedule in Hawaii, the 26-year-old British actor dished about landing the highly coveted role of Finnick Odair, his intense four months of training in Atlanta (hello, six-pack!), working with Jennifer Lawrence, and his "bromance" with Josh Hutcherson. Read on for the exclusive first interview with the "Catching Fire" star.
Teen Vogue: Aloha, Sam! Congratulations on scoring the role of Finnick Odair. How did this all go down?
Sam Claflin: Yeah, so they decided to go with me as opposed to any of the other young, hot, good-looking actors out there. [Laughs] I auditioned like everyone else. I didn't know what it was for before I went in, and I hadn't read the books. Looking at the page with a character named Finnick, I was like, »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Bryan Singer on Fox's Marvel universe and competing with Marvel Studios (From Flickeringmyth. 17 June 2013, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- New 'Mortal Instruments' Trailer Is Intense (Video) (From Huffington Post. 17 June 2013, 8:13 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex - Man of Steel, Justice League, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, The Avengers 2, The Wolverine and more (From Flickeringmyth. 16 June 2013, 11:09 PM, PDT)
- Casting Net: J. Lo in Chilean miner drama, 'Harry Potter' actor joins 'Eliza Graves,' more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 17 June 2013, 7:36 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus 2013 - Music Takes Priority over Liam Hemsworth (From National Ledger. 17 June 2013, 6:54 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Dines With ‘Beautiful’ Mom Tish After Parents Split (From HollywoodLife. 17 June 2013, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Superman Reboot Grossed $3 Million More Than Originally Estimated - Now No.2 Non-Sequel in June (Sort of) (From Alt Film Guide. 17 June 2013, 7:39 PM, PDT)
- New Covergirl Capitol Collection Promo Image Revealed (From ShockYa. 15 June 2013, 12:52 AM, PDT)
- Liam Hemsworth Joins Thriller 'Cut Bank' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 June 2013, 5:08 PM, PDT)