Even amongst hardcore film fans Todd Lieberman isn’t a household name, but he probably should be. The Oscar nominated producer of The Fighter, his career started at Summit, where he was instrumental in getting Memento into production, as well as in the first film in the American Pie franchise. Since 2004 he’s been producing movies at Mandeville Films, alongside business partner David Hoberman; making movies as diverse as The Fighter, The Muppets and forthcoming zombie rom-com, Warm Bodies.
Right now Lieberman is in the UK, overseeing work on The Muppets… Again!, and a few days before the cameras rolled on Kermit and co, Lieberman took time out of his busy day to speak to us about his career, his eclectic taste in movies, and of course working with the Muppets (again).
We’ve broken the interview down into three parts, and will be running one a day until Friday. »
- Ben Mortimer
Similar News ItemsThe Fighter (2010/I)
- New featurette for The Equalizer focusses on Chloe Grace Moretz (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Broad City,' 'Silver Linings Playbook' and 13 other Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and Crackle Musts (From Hitfix. 23 September 2014, 2:35 PM, PDT)
- "Bond 24" Gets A New Cinematographer (From Dark Horizons. 16 September 2014, 7:30 PM, PDT)
American Pie (1999)
- Chris Sun’s ‘Charlie’s Farm’ to debut at Monster Fest 2014 (From Blogomatic3000. 25 September 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 21 September 2014, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- Review: Don’T Blink (From Icons of Fright. 18 September 2014, 3:20 PM, PDT)
The Muppets (2011)
- Once Upon A Time interview: Adam Horowitz, Edward Kitsis, Rebecca Mader (From Den of Geek. 28 September 2014, 11:53 PM, PDT)
- Katy Perry Dyes Her Hair Red -- See Her Muppet-Inspired 'Do! (From TooFab. 25 September 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Jason Segel: 5 Awesome Performances & 5 That Sucked (From Obsessed with Film. 6 September 2014, 9:18 AM, PDT)