Another actor has been officially casted in Samuel L. Jackson's next film. New comer Callan McAuliffe is set to star alongside Jackson in Kite, about a young girl, Sawa, taken by her father's partner to train in order to gain revenge against those that murdered both her parents. The film is set to start taping in February in South Africa.
McAuliffe will be taking on the role of Oburi, a twenty-something street smart guy filled with innocence, though his past is anything but positive. His only wish is to save someone's life as a tradeoff, and he chooses Sawa to achieve that goal.
The Australian actor, who was just recently announced as GQ Magazine's Australian "Breakthrough of the Year" isn't new to the big screen either. His other work includes I Am Number Four and playing Young Jay Gatsby in Leonardo DiCaprio's The Great Gatsby set to hit »
- Stephanie Webber
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Asa Butterfield's favourite TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
- 22 Movie Stars You Forgot Were on TV (From BuzzSugar. 13 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Under the Link (From FilmExperience. 13 March 2014, 11:00 AM, PDT)
Samuel L. Jackson
- The Week in Spandex - Captain America vs. Batman vs. Superman, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Venom, Black Widow, X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Flash, Constantine, Gotham and more (From Flickeringmyth. 15 March 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Elementary, Ep. 2.18: “The Hound of the Cancer Cells” is a step back in the right direction (From SoundOnSight. 15 March 2014, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- New Captain America 2,Winter Soldier 16 Minute B Roll Movie Clip Released,New Footage (From OnTheFlix. 14 March 2014, 2:03 PM, PDT)
The Great Gatsby (2013)
- Casting Net: Joel Edgerton joins Robert Pattinson in period drama 'Life'; Plus, Ciaran Hinds, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 14 March 2014, 5:08 PM, PDT)
- Guy Pearce To Play Bulger Brother In Black Mass (From We Got This Covered. 14 March 2014, 11:41 AM, PDT)
- Columbia Pictures Takes 'The Monk' (From MovieWeb. 13 March 2014, 8:25 AM, PDT)