Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Buy Awesome Mix Vol. 1 from 'Guardians of the Galaxy' on Cassette (From FirstShowing.net. 21 October 2014, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- James Gunn Talks 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' (From LatinoReview. 21 October 2014, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- How Will 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Begin? In 'Horribly Brutal Fashion' (From Moviefone. 21 October 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Barbara Walters is coming out of retirement for 'The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014' (From Hitfix. 21 October 2014, 9:36 AM, PDT)
- Rooster Teeth's 'Lazer Team' Begins Production (From Airlock Alpha. 20 October 2014, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- 19 Times Amy Poehler Said What We Wish We'd Said (From Popsugar. 20 October 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy: Awesome Mix Vol. 1 Will Finally Be Released in the Proper Format: Audio Cassette (From Collider.com. 21 October 2014, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn talks about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Khloe Kardashian Debuts Crazy Braids: A Ranking of Her Best & Worst Hair Styles (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 October 2014)