Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Guardians of the Galaxy's Groot Is Texting Now: Find Out What He's Saying! (From E! Online. 17 September 2014, 7:37 AM, PDT)
- Sr Geek Picks: ‘Taken 2′ Problems, James Gunn Surprises ‘Guardians’ Fans & More (From Screen Rant. 16 September 2014, 9:17 PM, PDT)
- Star-Lord Was Supposed To Spend Guardians Of The Galaxy Flirting With This Woman (From Cinema Blend. 16 September 2014, 8:07 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- TVLine Items: Justified Final-Season Scoop, Doctor Xmas Casting & More (From TVLine.com. 19 September 2014, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Casting: Seth Rogen & Adam McKay Team For New Comedy, Toby Kebell Is 'Ben-Hur' Baddie And More (From The Playlist. 19 September 2014, 6:04 AM, PDT)
- Aubrey Plaza to Voice Grumpy Cat in Lifetime's Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2014, 6:20 PM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Darrell Hammond is coming back to 'Saturday Night Live' (From Hitfix. 18 September 2014, 6:26 AM, PDT)
- SNL Taps Darrell Hammond to Succeed Don Pardo as Announcer (From TVLine.com. 18 September 2014, 4:53 AM, PDT)
- Bill Hader Returns to Host 'SNL' Next Month (From Rolling Stone. 17 September 2014, 1:09 PM, PDT)