Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Thanos Scene Was Hardest for James Gunn to Write in Guardians Of The Galaxy (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Thanos Was The Trickiest Part Of "Guardians" (From Dark Horizons. 19 December 2014, 9:01 AM, PST)
- James Gunn Reveals Original Mix Tape from Guardians Of The Galaxy (From GeekTyrant. 19 December 2014, 7:19 AM, PST)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- The Ultimate Binge-Watch Guide: Which TV Shows to Marathon Over the Holidays! (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 December 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Justified, Parenthood, Parks and Recreation & Glee All End in 2015: Which Will You Miss the Most? (From TVovermind.com. 19 December 2014, 3:04 PM, PST)
- The Week in Television: The Walking Dead Heads to La, Orphan Black Season 3 Gets a Premiere Date & Final Season Trailers for Glee & Parks and Rec (From TVovermind.com. 19 December 2014, 1:14 PM, PST)
Chris Pratt (I)
- James Gunn says the Thanos scene in Guardians of the Galaxy was the hardest scene to write (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 1:39 PM, PST)
- Colin Trevorrow and Chris Pratt talk Jurassic World (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- New Pictures from 'Star Wars 7', 'Insurgent', 'Furious 7', 'Ted 2', 'Jurassic World' and More (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 December 2014, 10:16 AM, PST)