Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Beware the Movie That's Too Much Fun (From Village Voice. 29 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Review: Guardians Of The Galaxy (From Twitch. 29 July 2014, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Why 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Has the Perfect Movie Soundtrack (From Movies.com. 29 July 2014, 6:00 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Chris Pratt: From 'Parks and Recreation' to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' (From The Independent. 29 July 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Has a Baby Bump Too! See Him Alongside Zoe Saldana (From TooFab. 29 July 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- What If Guardians of the Galaxy Were Cast Entirely With Parks and Recreaction Stars? (From Vulture. 29 July 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- Paul Greengrass To Direct Al Qaeda Thriller 'Agent Storm' (From LatinoReview. 29 July 2014, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- New Trailer For Al Pacino's Salomé (From EmpireOnline. 29 July 2014, 5:59 AM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Review: Marvel At Its Very Best (From TheHDRoom. 27 July 2014, 3:06 PM, PDT)