Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Nicole Perlman And Meg LeFauve In Talks to Write Captain Marvel (From EmpireOnline. 20 April 2015, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Marvel sets Guardians of the Galaxy and Pixar scribes to pen Captain Marvel (From JoBlo. 20 April 2015, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Wizard World Comic Con St. Louis May 22-24 – Great Line-Up of Movie Guests (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 April 2015, 7:44 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- TV Shows on the Bubble 2015: 'Constantine' to 'Mindy' to 'Agent Carter' (From Hitfix. 20 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Overnight’ Trailer: Schwartzman, Schilling, Scott As SoCal Swingers (From Deadline. 20 April 2015, 5:47 PM, PDT)
- NBC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 4/20/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 April 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- New Jurassic World Trailer is Here! (From Worst Previews. 21 April 2015, 3:41 AM, PDT)
- New Jurassic World Trailer Brings Dino Terror by Land, Sea and Air (From TheHDRoom. 20 April 2015, 9:32 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Flaunt Their Sexy Beach Bods on Hawaiian Vacation: See the Hot Pics! (From E! Online. 20 April 2015, 2:47 PM, PDT)