Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Marvel Reportedly In Talks With Anchorman’s Adam McKay To Direct Superhero Film (From We Got This Covered. 26 March 2015, 11:02 AM, PDT)
- Marvel Wants Adam McKay to Direct a Movie; Is It 'Inhumans'? (From MovieWeb. 25 March 2015, 4:48 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Apparently Wants Adam McKay To Direct One Of Their Movies; Could It Be Inhumans? (From ComicBookMovie. 25 March 2015, 3:18 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- NBC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/30/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 March 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Aziz Ansari Group Texts Daily With the Parks and Recreation Cast (From Popsugar. 30 March 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Aziz Ansari Group Texts Daily With the Parks and Recreation Cast (From BuzzSugar. 30 March 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Kevin Hart to Receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards (From Variety - TV News. 30 March 2015, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Latest Jurassic World TV Spot Sees The Indominus Rex Go On A Killing Spree (From We Got This Covered. 30 March 2015, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt faces killer monster in new Jurassic World trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 March 2015, 9:26 AM, PDT)