Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Will Marvel's 'Spider-Man' Get Captain America and Iron Man? (From MovieWeb. 29 November 2015, 5:40 PM, PST)
- The Week in Movies – first Captain America: Civil War trailer, Major Star Wars: Episode VIII spoiler, Batman v Superman details revealed? and much more… (From Flickeringmyth. 29 November 2015, 8:09 AM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Iron Fist, Agent Carter, Fantastic Four 2, Batman v Superman, Aquaman, Legends of Tomorrow and more (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 5:50 AM, PST)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Is Jessica Jones a Super-Easy Costume? Is Glenn Still a Dead Man? How Will Who Bring Clara Back? And More TV Qs (From TVLine.com. 27 November 2015, 10:04 AM, PST)
- Movember Check-In: Judging Beards From Arrow, Walking Dead and More (From TVLine.com. 27 November 2015, 9:24 AM, PST)
- TVLine Readers Give Thanks for Arrow, Parks and Rec, The Good Wife, Once, Kimmy Schmidt, Grey's and More! (From TVLine.com. 25 November 2015, 9:03 PM, PST)
Chris Pratt (I)
- The Lego Movie 2 Script Has Been Turned In (From We Got This Covered. 29 November 2015, 2:36 PM, PST)
- 12 Times Birthday Girl Anna Faris Was the Most Awesome Mom Ever to Son Jack (From E! Online. 29 November 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- 10 Dumbest Fan Theories About Upcoming Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 27 November 2015, 12:12 AM, PST)