Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Here Are All the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Easter Eggs in One Handy Video (From Moviefone. 20 August 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- 6 Villains Who Need To Be In Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (From Cinema Blend. 20 August 2014, 8:22 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: Guardians Of The Galaxy Takes The Top Spot (Again) At The U.S. Box Office (From ComicBookMovie. 20 August 2014, 5:28 AM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Video of the Day: Nick Offerman Reads Some of Reddit’s Best Shower Thoughts (From SoundOnSight. 20 August 2014, 9:50 PM, PDT)
- Nick Offerman reads profound Shower Thoughts from Reddit (From EW.com - PopWatch. 20 August 2014, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- ‘Selfie’ Might Just Be the Most Annoying and the Most Charming Show on TV This Fall (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 August 2014, 2:00 PM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Why Guardians of the Galaxy is like Firefly and Serenity (From Shadowlocked. 20 August 2014, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- This Is the Only Ice Bucket Challenge Video You Need to Watch Today (From E! Online. 20 August 2014, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- Alternate Korath Concept Art - Guardians Of The Galaxy (From ComicBookMovie. 20 August 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)