Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Will The New Spider-Man Aim To Be Marvel's Funniest Superhero Movie? (From Cinema Blend. 26 July 2015, 8:56 PM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, Black Panther, Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, Justice League Dark, Hellboy 3, X-Men/Fantastic Four, Gambit and more (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2015, 3:35 AM, PDT)
- Can 'Star Wars' Find 'Guardians' Star Dave Bautista a Role? (From MovieWeb. 24 July 2015, 9:53 AM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- 'American Horror Story,' 'Parks and Recreation' sweep Gold Derby TV Award nominations (From Gold Derby. 29 July 2015, 6:26 PM, PDT)
- Victoria Siegel of ‘Queen of Versailles’ Family Died of Fatal Overdose, Autopsy Reveals (From The Wrap. 29 July 2015, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- Rashida Jones Reveals She Almost Went to Prom With Robin Thicke, but Then Dumped Him for... (From E! Online. 29 July 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Ghostbusters: "gigantic bold idea" for next movie (From Den of Geek. 29 July 2015, 10:10 PM, PDT)
- Drew Pearce Says He’s Written A ‘Ghosbusters’ Bible With Chris Pratt & Channing Tatum In Mind, But Is Unsure If It’ll Happen (From The Playlist. 29 July 2015, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- Drew Pearce confirms finished Ghostbusters script with Tatum & Pratt in mind (From JoBlo. 29 July 2015, 3:43 PM, PDT)