Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- James Gunn Rules Out Two Potential Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Villains (From We Got This Covered. 29 May 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn Rules Out Two Big Marvel Villains for ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2′ (From Slash Film. 29 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Casting: Ti, Hudson, Gunn, Marsden, Chiklis (From Dark Horizons. 29 May 2015, 10:17 AM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- NBC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/30/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 May 2015, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Dear Lovers: Paris' Famous Love Locks Bridge Is Getting Torn Down (From E! Online. 29 May 2015, 4:20 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Went Fully Naked for a Parks and Recreation Nude Scene, Angered NBC (From Us Weekly. 29 May 2015, 9:31 AM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Chris Pratt's Impressive British Accent Will Give You the Giggles (From Popsugar. 30 May 2015, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- UK TV ratings: Big Brother: Timebomb eviction twist peaks with 1.36 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt Hilariously Shows Off the British Accent He Picked Up From England's Version of Jersey Shore: Watch Now! (From E! Online. 29 May 2015, 7:31 PM, PDT)