Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Gunn, Lee Offer "Guardians 2," "Panther" Updates (From Dark Horizons. 1 September 2014, 9:44 PM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Won't Introduce Captain Marvel To The Marvel Cinematic Universe (From Cinema Blend. 1 September 2014, 7:16 PM, PDT)
- Stan Lee Says ‘Black Panther’ is Still in Development (From Screen Rant. 1 September 2014, 2:36 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 9/1/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 September 2014, 4:11 PM, PDT)
- Contest: Win Run Of Engagement Passes To See Life After Beth (From We Got This Covered. 1 September 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- 10 Biggest Winners and Losers at the Summer Box Office – From ‘GotG’ Chris Pratt Effect to Tom Cruise (From The Wrap. 1 September 2014, 8:51 AM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- James Gunn says no Captain Marvel for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 September 2014, 3:52 AM, PDT)
- The Edgy Cameo Disney Refused To Let Stan Lee Film (From Cinema Blend. 1 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- One Guardians Of The Galaxy Cameo Had To Be Completely Rewritten (From Cinema Blend. 1 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)