Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- James Gunn Discusses Shared Universes Saying "The Business Model Is Flawed" (From ComicBookMovie. 22 November 2014, 5:43 PM, PST)
- ‘Guardians’ Director James Gunn: Shared Movie Universe ‘Business Model Is Flawed’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 November 2014, 12:15 PM, PST)
- Gotg: Check Out the Tracklist For "Awesome Mix Volume Zero" (From ComicBookMovie. 21 November 2014, 6:59 PM, PST)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Netflix Nabs ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ from NBC (From Variety - TV News. 21 November 2014, 3:13 PM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Happyish Ellen Barkin, Revenge and Mentalist News & More (From TVLine.com. 21 November 2014, 1:21 PM, PST)
- NBC's How Murray Saved Christmas Sneak Peek: Has TV's Next Holiday Classic Been Born? (From TVLine.com. 21 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Top 5: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1, Pitch Perfect 2, Chris Pratt in Cowboy Ninja Viking, The Stand Will Be Four Movies, Fantastic Mr. Foxcatcher Trailer (From Collider.com. 22 November 2014, 2:22 PM, PST)
- This 'Guardians of the Galaxy' and 'Friends' Mashup Will Make Your Day (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 November 2014, 2:08 PM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Ant-Man, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, The Fantastic Four, X-Men: Apocalypse, Suicide Squad, Bananaman and more (From Flickeringmyth. 22 November 2014, 2:57 AM, PST)