Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- This ‘Rocket Raccoon & Groot’ Animation Test Is Beautiful, Cute, and a Little Explosive (From Slash Film. 27 July 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ Footage Secrets & Details Revealed by James Gunn [Comic-Con 2016] (From Slash Film. 27 July 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming Gives Flash Thompson a Drastic Makeover (From MovieWeb. 26 July 2016, 2:58 PM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Trailer: The Magnificent Seven (From Pure Movies. 27 July 2016, 8:39 AM, PDT)
- 'Magnificent Seven,' Obama and Snowden Biopics Lead Toronto Film Festival 2016 Lineup (From Rolling Stone. 26 July 2016, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Newswire: Tiff’s 2016 lineup features The Magnificent Seven and a young Barack Obama (From The AV Club. 26 July 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Here's How Leslie Knope Is Probably Reacting to Vice President Joe Biden's DNC Speech (From E! Online. 27 July 2016, 7:19 PM, PDT)
- Black Mirror Enlists Rashida Jones and Mike Schur for Season 3 Writing Stint (From TVLine.com. 27 July 2016, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Income Disposal: Bb-8 and Parks And Rec: Here’s what’s on sale on Amazon today (From The AV Club. 26 July 2016, 10:16 AM, PDT)