Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- James Gunn details a funny deleted scene from Guardians of the Galaxy (From JoBlo. 15 September 2014, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn Offers Details on Guardians Of The Galaxy Deleted Scene (From GeekTyrant. 15 September 2014, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Originally Included Another Epic Dance Scene Involving This Character (From Cinema Blend. 15 September 2014, 12:37 PM, PDT)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- The HitFix Fall TV 2014 preview (From Hitfix. 15 September 2014, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Adam Scott and Producer-Wife Naomi Ink First-Look Deal at Universal TV (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 September 2014, 8:14 PM, PDT)
- NBC 2013-14 Season Ratings (updated 9/14/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 14 September 2014, 2:59 PM, PDT)
Chris Pratt (I)
- Make-a-Wish Makes Girl's Dream of Meeting a Pink Unicorn Come True (Video) (From PEOPLE.com. 15 September 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Box Office Final: ‘No Good Deed’ $24.2M; ‘Dolphin Tale 2′ $15.8M As ‘Guardians’ Passes $300M (From Deadline New York. 15 September 2014, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pratt's First Headshot - Circa 2000 (From GeekTyrant. 15 September 2014, 11:06 AM, PDT)