Chris Pratt’s career is about to soar out of this world — or, more accurately, out of this galaxy.
EW has confirmed that the Parks and Recreation funnyman will play the lead character in Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, a key part of Marvel’s Phase Two plan. Deadline first reported the news.
Pratt, who recently slimmed down (and bulked up) for his role in Zero Dark Thirty (pictured above), will play Star Lord, the half-human half-alien leader of a bio-engineered team of space-traveling heroes that includes a green-skinned warrior, a gun slinging raccoon, a female alien assassin, »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsJames Gunn (II)
- Zoe Saldana Talks Out Of The Furnace, Working with Christian Bale, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Star Trek 3, and More (From Collider.com. 4 December 2013, 4:47 PM, PST)
- Laura Haddock Talks Playing Star-Lord's Mother In Guardians Of The Galaxy (From ComicBookMovie. 4 December 2013, 3:26 PM, PST)
- 14 Biggest Potential Bombs of 2014 (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2013, 11:47 AM, PST)
"Parks and Recreation" (2009)
- Rashida Jones Slams Female Pop Stars Like Miley Cyrus, Rihanna & Nicki Minaj! (From TooFab. 6 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Tina Fey, Amy Poehler Debut Off-Key Golden Globes Musical Promo (From PEOPLE.com. 6 December 2013, 9:45 AM, PST)
- The Excision of the Protagonist (From Scott Feinberg. 6 December 2013, 6:20 AM, PST)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- New Terminator TV Series in the Works; Will Tie into Feature Film Reboot (From Collider.com. 6 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Jessica Chastain Is In "Vogue" (From SneakPeek. 6 December 2013, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Warner Bros reportedly eyeing Callan Mulvey for 'Man of Steel 2' villain (From Hitfix. 5 December 2013, 3:04 PM, PST)